Respected Contributor

State Tax Refund?..............

Are You Still Waiting For a Tax Refund?

I had a CPA firm prepare and e-file my state taxes before the April 18 deadline this year and still have not received my Missouri state tax refund!  

I wish I could have filed earlier, but we did not get some of my investment information and forms until the middle of March. Even so, as of today, no state refund!  I remember the good old days when I was able to get a refund by early March.

There was a news blurb from a local TV station stating that this was the case, but they were supposed to have it to tax payers no later than June 6!  

I think they have 90 days, but I am getting frustrated!

My federal tax refund came back within two or three weeks!

Honored Contributor

Re: State Tax Refund?..............

My Ny State refund about 8 weeks, we filed in late March and I did not get my refund until late May, I got my federal in a few days

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I always get my Federal refund 10 days after I file but I don't get my State refund until mid May.  Which is how it was this year.

Regular Contributor

@jpie have you checked the Missouri state refund web site yet to check on the status?

https://www.olt.com/main/home/morefund.asp

Respected Contributor

Same problem with my daughter, she just mentioned it the other day. Got her federal but no state refund yet. She lives in MA. It's not a huge amount, but she is frustrated too.

Respected Contributor

@Mesmerized169 wrote:

@jpie have you checked the Missouri state refund web site yet to check on the status?

https://www.olt.com/main/home/morefund.asp

Hi!  I did go to a website that had a scroll down menu by states and clicked on Missouri.  But when it asked for the last 4 # of your SS, I decided I didn't want to enter this information just yet.  I will give it one, maybe two weeks before I do this.  

Thank you for the link, I may need it in a couple of weeks!

Regular Contributor

Depends on the state, method of filing....blah blah.  I live in Ohio, filed my own taxes electroncallly with HR block software. I had medical expenses but no major investments. 2 weeks direct deposit refund. Sometimes states randomly pull returns to look at. Just to say they are doing theiir job with the watchdogs. Sad thing is.some states are "broke"...*wink wink* and a MAJOR refund may kill them....lol! Good luck!

Honored Contributor

We don't have state income tax. 

Frequent Contributor

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Gee, some other state is really slow, too." Then I saw 'Missouri'.   I, too, live in Missouri and am right there with you!!!  Fingers crossed the check is 'in the mail'!!  (Or electronically in cyberspace!) 

Honored Contributor

That sounds excessive.  You would think the bulk of the returns are done by now.  I filed electronically in February and received both refunds in a week.  I wasn't expecting it that quick.