Trusted Contributor

Re: State Tax Refund?..............

I'm in NJ....filed really late (April 11th).  Got a letter from the State of NJ about 3 weeks ago asking me to copy basically everything they already received!  It's just a delay tactic thanks to our baffoon of a Governor.  Man Frustrated

I usually file my taxes in the first week of February.  And I usually get my state refund within 2 weeks.  Lesson learned.  I'll never file late again.

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie wrote:
Are You Still Waiting For a Tax Refund?

I had a CPA firm prepare and e-file my state taxes before the April 18 deadline this year and still have not received my Missouri state tax refund!  

I wish I could have filed earlier, but we did not get some of my investment information and forms until the middle of March. Even so, as of today, no state refund!  I remember the good old days when I was able to get a refund by early March.

There was a news blurb from a local TV station stating that this was the case, but they were supposed to have it to tax payers no later than June 6!  

I think they have 90 days, but I am getting frustrated!

My federal tax refund came back within two or three weeks!

Your CPA will know how long it typically takes, and when there's reason for concern.  Why not just call his/her office and ask?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

If you filed around April 18, it doesn't surprise me that there is a delay.  A large number of people wait until the last minute.  

________

I did not wait until the last minute as I stated in my original post.  I had an accounting firm prepare my taxes, and they were waiting on some investment information that was required by law.  Sure, if I had an easy return, maybe like the 1040EZ,  I'd prepare and file it myself ASAP.

Trust me, in the past I always was able to file my state and federal by Feb.  15, but these corporations in the last few years have been entitled to extra time before they get the information to their clients. I got some forms as late as mid to late March. This slows the entire process down!

Today, I did plug the information into the state website and it said "processing."  It was filed electronically the week before the deadline of April 18. So, I continue to play the waiting game.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I filed mine in March and I'm still waiting for my $50 in Georgia.  This is the first year they owe me.  They cashed my check in about 3 weeks the past decade.  Now my turn and I'm still hand out after 3 months.  

_______

Thank you for your reply!  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@jpie wrote:
Are You Still Waiting For a Tax Refund?

I had a CPA firm prepare and e-file my state taxes before the April 18 deadline this year and still have not received my Missouri state tax refund!  

I wish I could have filed earlier, but we did not get some of my investment information and forms until the middle of March. Even so, as of today, no state refund!  I remember the good old days when I was able to get a refund by early March.

There was a news blurb from a local TV station stating that this was the case, but they were supposed to have it to tax payers no later than June 6!  

I think they have 90 days, but I am getting frustrated!

My federal tax refund came back within two or three weeks!

Your CPA will know how long it typically takes, and when there's reason for concern.  Why not just call his/her office and ask?

_______

Yes, I called a few minutes ago and the receptionist said she was getting several calls a day for the same reason.

Thank you for your post!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Just an update:  The refund was finally recieved on June 26!  

Respected Contributor

BTW, The State of Missouri kicked in a whopping $2.17 interest!   (hey, I'll take it) Smiley LOL