Valued Contributor

My husband was diagnosed early last year with Marginal Zone Lymphoma. His Oncologist told us that we should have the Smart Meter removed and have the old Analog Meter put back on, which our electric company did. These Smart Meter's can cause different health issue's. 

Honored Contributor

Is it okay if the smart meter is outside your home?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Nightowlz   On the wellness forum I started a thread on smart meters recently.  I chose to OPT OUT and keep my analog meter.... everyone has that choice, but you need to ask! Most people do not even know about the switch until it is done.  

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/The-new-Smart-Electrical-Meters-Do-you-have-one-on-your-home/m...

@SeaMaiden

Do you get charged extra for opting out of the smart meter?  We just got a letter that our electric meters will soon be replaced with smart meters.  They said you could opt out and keep your analog meter—for a price.  $65 up front charge, then $26 each month to continue to have a meter reader come to the house.

@SeaMaiden 

We were not given an option. The Electric company showed up one day took off the old electric meter so they could install the new.

The water company dug up their old meter & installed one that's read by solar power. The water meter has a picture of a faucet on it. If there's a drip coming from the faucet that means you have a leak.

I think they did our gas when a line was clogged so they had to do some work. DH was in the shower & all the sudden no hot water. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

I'm not sure but I doubt it. I would have to do some research.

If they are like the DECT phones people have in their homes today it omits radiation 24/7. Older phone only omitted radiation while the phone was in use. Not these new ones. Plus it can go through the walls of your home in through the walls of your neighbors homes. I read it's like having a mini cell tower in your home. Not good for it to be sitting on your night stand next to your head while you are sleeping.

We can't get away from all the EMF's.

Contributor

interesting reading. Thanks for the thread @Nightowlz.

Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Meters

[ Edited ]

They made us have them .Not a good thing, Read up on them, and you will see.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Ours are outside. Who would want that in their home?

Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Meters

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

I'm not sure but I doubt it. I would have to do some research.

If they are like the DECT phones people have in their homes today it omits radiation 24/7. Older phone only omitted radiation while the phone was in use. Not these new ones. Plus it can go through the walls of your home in through the walls of your neighbors homes. I read it's like having a mini cell tower in your home. Not good for it to be sitting on your night stand next to your head while you are sleeping.

We can't get away from all the EMF's.

Plus they can turn it off anytime. Allow only a certain amount of use. They know exactly what appliance uses what amount. That is why they  have smart in the name.

They can make frequency sounds, only certain people can hear. They are like the 5G cell towers that are coming.

Honored Contributor

Here is another reason to not have smart meter put in especially if your home is older.  

This is from my "next door" news feed.  A neighbor having issues with the new  smart meter in his older home( the age of most homes here where I live including my own) Glad I opted out.

New dIgital meter units
Early last week PSE came and swapped out our old analog electrical meter for a new digital one. Many of you have probably had this done. This morning we had what appeared to be a cascading electrical failure in our home. To make a long story short, a PSE serviceman came out, pulled the new meter and you can see in the attached picture we had a fried female connector. This is one of the two 120V lines that come into every home. The other line is fine. This means we have 110V power to most of our home but without both functional lines we have no 220V power to run our water heater, furnace, range, or dryer. Since it’s an all electric home we have no heat, hot water or range to heat water. Serviceman said that the problem is in the meter box, not the meter itself, so the problem is ours to resolve as it’s part of the home. I think PSE bears some responsibility since it’s been fine for 30+ years and would still be fine if they hadn’t installed the new meter in our 42 year old house. Has anyone else suffered a similar failure since they installed the new meters? If not, you will probably be good but there have been some issues with these. I purchased a new meter box and can install it myself, but it requires a permit and PSE to shut off power from the street. Anyone know an electrician who has experience with this?

Honored Contributor

And ANOTHER very recent update  ( March 1st). ....customers in Iowa against the smart meter 

https://ktvo.com/news/local/smart-meters-cause-concerns-utility-corporation-responds