Contributor

My little Singer Simple just quit today for no reason! Broke the needle so put in new one & don't think that had anything to do with it but no power! The light works so don't think its a fuse, any ideas anyone??

Honored Contributor

Re: Sewing machine question!

Any chance there is a reset button on it somewhere?  

Another option might be to unplug and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  

Respected Contributor

Is there thread stuck in the bobbin area that could be jamming the machine?

Honored Contributor

@Irishgirl555.  The best thing would be to take it to a sewing machine shop and have them take a look at it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Did you check to make sure the foot pedal cord is completely plugged into the machine?  Since there is power to the machine since you have light, maybe the cord to the foot pedal jiggled loose as you were changing the needle.

Esteemed Contributor

I was just about to Post the same thing about the foot pedal. Just checked my machine and that seems as if it could be the problem.
Contributor

Everything seems secure, no stuck threads. Maybe the foot pedal died? Thanks for ideas!

Honored Contributor

I would leave it "unplugged" for a while...and then start over and see what happens.     (That worked with my electric razor, anyway)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the foot pedal to me too--see if you can find one online and order it--AMZ,or ebay---maybe even Singer--would be worth it to check it out--then if that isn't the problem you cn send it back.

Contributor

I've started checking that very idea, they aren't expensive & yes returnable if doesn't work. Called a repair shop he pretty much said it was junk & dont buy Singer 🥵 !