Honored Contributor

Welcome friends old and new to the Bird's Nest for September 2022. 

How to Protect Sunflowers from Birds and Squirrels | Gardener's Path

How to Identify and Control Common Sunflower Pests | Gardener's Path

Kids Can Make Bird Feeders Out of Sunflower Heads - FineGardening

I love the color of the sun at this time of year.  It's less bright and more golden to me.

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

Bird mama, these are vibrant and beautiful.

The third picture in particular showed the gentleness, sweetness and vulnerability of nature. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

real quick

dentist appoiont in 1 hour, later all

Honored Contributor

Blue Bird Happy September

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you like the photos @DSD2   I always try to find something seasonal.  It was either sunflowers or some kind of mum Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Just venting.... I have homeowners insurance through State Farm - 20 years they've been my insurer of choice.  I was told by my agent a couple of years ago that when I replace my HVAC let him know, State Farm discounts new HVAC installation.  So I got my policy in August and said, oops, forgot to notify my agent that I did it right before the 2021 renewal of my policy.

Called agent, spoke to his right hand and scanned/attached the receipt showing paid.  This receipt showed the company who did the installation and the model/serial numbers for each component and confirmation that bill was paid.

Mind you, renewal for 2022-2023 starts at the end of this month.  I'm still waiting for updated policy with the $100 price reduction.  I get a call from agent's right hand.  She says that the receipt used to be the standard and now State Farm wants installer to complete a form.  I say, wait a minute.  I have a receipt showing the amount I paid.  Do you think I would just give that kind of money to somebody for nothing?  I said the permit was pulled and is visible to the public.  Also public are the two approvals from city inspectors who did mechanical and electrical  inspections.  Why do you think I would let these people in my house if there wasn't something to look at.  Now you want the installer to confirm the HVAC was installed?

I said, send me the form and I will email it to heating and cooling company.  I also said, I spent almost 38 years in the health insurance industry and after talking to you Mary Kay I understand why the public can't stomach insurance companies.

The folks at the HVAC were nice and turned the form around quickly.  I emailed it to insurance agent.  If this is not good enough they can kiss my.....

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Thank you for our new September perch.   I appreciate your doing this for all of us. 

I sure do understand what you have to deal with regarding insurance companies(of any kind).   Hope it works out ok for you.   We shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to satisfy them espcially when you've been their client for so many years.   Fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar Goodbye August... September here we go!'

Honored Contributor