Honored Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

May be an image of outdoors

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

May be an image of outdoors

@possummink   What is the name of these darling birds?

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@Bird mama 

You have come to right place to vent. I tell you, this is one cruel world at times. You couldn't make this junk up even if you wanted to. You need this, you need that, you need a form, you need a good swift is what I say.

Now, I will vent. DD received test result in her clinical portal. Now understand, she is an RN and she stated it was like trying to read through mud. She called the GI dept. and that grandioso nurse told her that the doctor would explain, but it may take a week???????

DD has been going through pure H-LL for almost a month. A week? NO way. I use to have a ton of patience and I mean a ton, but these days I have zero. 

Tomorrow DH has his appointment with cardiology and gets "another" covid test.. Has to have this to be able to have the endoscope next week. Plus he has to have a swallowing test before he can get that either. 

I am beginning to think I only want to go the doctor when I am croaking and not a minute sooner.

I want to add, Thank You for starting our September thread. 

Hello Kitty Rainbow Postcard Thank You Paper Cards - 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" Multi-color Set Of 8

@Leeny   If I were in your DD's situation, I would become the loudest squeaky wheel imaginable!  She has waited so long, and the way things are now, a patient could become much worse during the waiting or worse.  I KNOW that if my pets had an issue, I would have to go to an ER clinic, as it takes over a month for an appointment at my vet clinic, don't know how they keep any patients.

I have to hassel the clinic just to get a prescription filled, then I receive apologies, does not make up for the stress caused.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@Leeny  They gotta hit that insurance card which is why they are holding test results hostage.  You would think they would care that your child has been suffering and needs to know what she is dealing with so that she can get on with living.  This right here is why I have a problem with medicine.  I'm 60 and I remember when doctors gave a flying fig and it wasn't 'business'

As far as patience goes, lol, I can say that since I was a kid I have patience for people from birth to maybe 6 years of age.  Then there is a lapse until we hit old people age.  All the folks in between - get outta here.  I do have patience allowance for specially abled people of all ages. I have all kinds of patience for animals.

I'm so sorry that your daughter is on this particular hamster wheel right now.  

@Bird mama   I am with you on the patience.  This morning, I left a message at a plant company saying a begonia recently received was dead.  The return call was a blur of rambling, so I called again.

The woman was so rude, talking over me, arguing no matter what I "tried" to say, so sent a picture and said good by.

She tried to say the plant was going dormant, to which I replied that all of mine just came out of dormancy, are in full bloom, and will not go dormant for months.  Their garden is in a cooler part of the Bay Area, she tried to say the weather was the same as here, a huge BS to that!

I doubt the plant will be replaced, so no more shopping there, after many years of several times a year, buying.

Nowadays, one has to fight for EVERYTHING, no more of the customer is always right.

I remember someone I once knew asking, "why do I have to fight for everything," to which I replied, so do I.  We were the same sign, Capricorns, so I thought it was that, think I even read that, lol, but that is silly, because it must happend to the majority of people.

Update:  I will receive a refund.  She said they charge shipping for replacing a plant, so as I said, I am done with that company.

Honored Contributor

Ooh a new front porch is exciting @viva923  to me, at least.  Composite will last longer than pressure treated wood.  I never cared for pressure treated wood because it's a PITA to stain or paint it. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

I am a capricorn also. DH said he wanted me to take him and our DD to the clinic and chew out the doctor at the clinic. Sorry, no can do, even though I'd like to. Remember my DD is an employee of the Big Mama clinic. 

Honored Contributor

Have A Happy And Safe Labor Day Weekend

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

You know what the kicker is? Our DD works for this world wide famous clinic and it's their insurance, which I will add is not like it use to be years ago. Employees never would see a bill from clinic/hospital. Those days are so long gone. If that is the case they are waiting on insurance, that su--s

She had labs today and she said she would call. She had those this early morning.. no word yet.. Holiday weekend.. It's beyond mind boggling.

@Bird mama wrote:

@Leeny  They gotta hit that insurance card which is why they are holding test results hostage.  You would think they would care that your child has been suffering and needs to know what she is dealing with so that she can get on with living.  This right here is why I have a problem with medicine.  I'm 60 and I remember when doctors gave a flying fig and it wasn't 'business'

As far as patience goes, lol, I can say that since I was a kid I have patience for people from birth to maybe 6 years of age.  Then there is a lapse until we hit old people age.  All the folks in between - get outta here.  I do have patience allowance for specially abled people of all ages. I have all kinds of patience for animals.

I'm so sorry that your daughter is on this particular hamster wheel right now.  

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I am a capricorn also. DH said he wanted me to take him and our DD to the clinic and chew out the doctor at the clinic. Sorry, no can do, even though I'd like to. Remember my DD is an employee of the Big Mama clinic. 

@Leeny   I am December 23, what is your day?

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   Gordy groundhog. Smiley Happy