Trusted Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:
Thanks ChynnaBlue and NewJerseyGirl. I changed my options and added the Quick Reply. I'm using it now.

Great!

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

To me the only difference is that you can't have color, or other options.  I don't see how it's quicker than the regular one.  

Super Contributor

I don't see how it's quicker either.  The only advantage I can see is that you can still see the entire thread.  If you wanted to view an earlier post by using the regular Reply, you would have to view the discussion in a popup.  I like the "View Discussion in a popup" feature, too, by the way.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor
It means if YOU just need to make a very quick reply without the rich text toolbar loading.

Say you're in a fast paced moving word game, or just want to say "thanks" in reply, etc.
Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Reply

[ Edited ]
<P> <STRONG>Testing HTML tags here. </STRONG> </P>

ETA: nope, those no longer work on QR either from iPad/Safari.
Esteemed Contributor

That makes sense, Joy! Thanks.

Honored Contributor

NickNack1 wrote:

ChynnaBlue wrote:

newjerseygirl wrote:
You have to select it in your display option.

Mine was on by default.

I've noticed other people saying they didn't have certain options that I had on by default.

Yes, I think you're right. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

I don't see how it's quicker either.  The only advantage I can see is that you can still see the entire thread.  If you wanted to view an earlier post by using the regular Reply, you would have to view the discussion in a popup.  I like the "View Discussion in a popup" feature, too, by the way.

I use it often for simple replies.    I don't use the discussion popup at all.   Something for everyone. Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*