Honored Contributor

Re: Professional advise needed

@geezerette ....thanks for the suggestion!!

We have really bent over backwards for this customer over the years....very tight delivery times and on their last order I found several errors in the files that they sent to me.  I gave them the opportunity to fix before we proceeded with the work, they were very grateful that I noticed their mistakes.

I would hope that one quoting mistake would not cause them to leave us in the dust, but you never know!

Respected Contributor

I would not keep pestering them. Personally that would be a turn-off for me.....looks like you are begging. You apologized, explained what happened, end of story. I do hope they come back to you but if not, move on. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

You seem to have a good handle on this, enjoy your much needed vacation!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I suspect they have committed to using this other bidder at a higher cost then your corrected bid and are angry with you. I know, I would be angry if I had to pay more because of another's carelessness.

It's all about the bottom line; if they think your bid on future jobs may be less, you will hear from.

You apologized, don't badger them.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain I have no way of knowning if the other bidder was higher or lower...this company sometimes flies by the seat of their pants....they place an order then cancel within an hour, submits their files then makes changes to that same file...they are a handful sometimes.

Our business is not the only one they deal with and we are well aware of that.