Super Contributor

Yes indeed I've certainly had my fair share of problems recently with Amazon packages not being delivered.  I've had prime for a number of years now.  Amazon's local couriers are not the brightest stars around.  However, my deliveries have gotten much better now since the installation of Amazon's Hub at my property development.  The poor things can no longer say they made the delivery if they actually did scan the package into the Hub system which Amazon requires them to do.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyCindy  ... my packages have actually been marked as on the vehicle for delivery.... then they mysteriously disappear and I get emails from Amazon stating that they have been lost.  

Super Contributor

I haven't had issues with lost packages so far.  My biggest complaint with Amazon is how they pack things.  On several occasions, I have received very heavy items in the same box with things that could break or leak.  It's very aggravating to say the least.

Honored Contributor

I order from Amazon all the time and have never had a problem.  It sounds like I'm very lucky that Amazon's delivery service isn't available where I live.  If I had problems like that I'd have to quit ordering from them.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

If I had all of those delivery issues I would cancel the Prime membership immediately.  You have tried multiple times and issues keep happening.  If you can look elsewhere to order products.  Even without Prime you can trust that your Amazon deliveries will make it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector When they put a credit on your account it usually doesn't show up until you go to purchase something, unless you're talking about and Amazon credit card.

Normally the credit only applies if you purchase something sold by Amazon and not a third party. If you want to make sure that the credit is there just put something in your cart to test it and go to checkout and you'll see it's deducted the 25 or if the item is less than that it will deduct that amount.

Clearly I too have had Amazon issues! In my case they seem to wait until the last second to ship my item to get it to me by the 2 days and often it rolls into town a little too late to get out with my mail. Very irritating. I remember when Prime first started and usually I'd get stuff the next day because they would ship it as fast as possible. Now it's hit or miss and I"m thinking about not renewing. The only upside to it is now Sunday delivery is often an option around here.

Super Contributor

Fortunately for me, all my Amazon packages are still delivered by the USPS. Delivery is fast and delivered with my mail, so I know when items will arrive. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No problem with amazon here at all.  Sorry you're having a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the explanation @pigletsmom.  Much appreciated!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I had Prime since shortly after its onset.  I did not renew.  I have ordered when order total was $25 or more or subscribe and save orders.  I seriously doubt that I shall ever order from them again!

Ever since Amazon began their own delivery service, I've had problems.  Some packages were dropped off curb-site (house is on hill high up and set back from street); once packages were thrown over a five-foot fence! A few times I've gotten very nice delivery people who would leave the package by back-door gate, which required driving up my driveway (apx 250'), walking over to gate (apx 20'), turning into the turnaround:  no big deal - right!

The last and final order was dropped off at the foot of the front stairs (apx 25 steps?). I never would have known the package was delivered as I could not hear nor see it from my house, but hapenned to check shipping status!  

Since I had previously notified Amazon that all probllems were encountered when delivery was out of their Milford, MA warehouse each time and was never corrected, I decided to no longer to business with a company that was totally unresponsive to customers' concerns.

Wished they'd go back to their original shipment methods, but guess that will never happen.  I suggest not joining Prime.  Actually after not renewing Prime, and hitting the extended free shipping, I received orders sooner!

Buyer Beware - they're just not what they used to be!

Today I just received a 900W NutriBullet ordered on 2/4 (same day I posted - duh). My Ninja smoothie maker suddenly died!  So, though I said I had not planned on shopping Amazonsmile, I did!!!

I feared I'd be looking for it curbside, but I changed by delivery place from backdoor to garage - and it worked!!!!!  So, although embarrassed 'cause I said I w/n order from them anymore and did, just want to update - apparently their delivery issues have been resolved!

P.S. Got free shipping by electing delayed delivery, yet received it in two days!!!