Super Contributor

Problem with American Express - Need Help!!

I have an ongoing problem with my American Express account. I have called, but they route the call to India and The Phillipines. Does anyone have a good Executive phone contact number??? THis problem has been going on for awhile, I am at my wits end. I want to speak to someone in the US !!
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with American Express - Need Help!!

@qvc chick

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at Thu, Apr 14, 2016-12.59.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-14 at Thu, Apr 14, 2016-12.58.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-14 at Thu, Apr 14, 2016-12.59.52 PM.pngamericanexpress.com/messagecenter

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at Thu, Apr 14, 2016-1.03.37 PM.png

The above all easily found by using Google as well as Bing.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I suggest trying their NY Corporate office phone: 212-640-2000 during east coast business hours only. If that number switches you overseas, simply ask to speak to a rep in the United States.  They should transfer you as long as it's during business hours.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the response, but this is the phone number (NY) that I have called. The operator answers, but she just transfers you to main toll free number. I asked to speak to someone in her building, but she said nobody takes calls at the main NY office. What is up with that???
Respected Contributor

I don't know the problem you're having, but I do know that by law when you ask to speak to someone in the continental US, they have to transfer you.  Have you actually tried speaking to someone who answers in the usual group? I've found everyone there very helpful. They usually bend over backward to be helpful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

I don't know the problem you're having, but I do know that by law when you ask to speak to someone in the continental US, they have to transfer you.  Have you actually tried speaking to someone who answers in the usual group? I've found everyone there very helpful. They usually bend over backward to be helpful.

@Perkup I don't think that is true. 

Honored Contributor

I have AMEX via Costco as well as with Citi and have never had reps out of the US answer the numbers on the back of either card.

Trusted Contributor

Contact the Department of Consumer Protection in your state.  They can make one telepnone call and probably have your problem resolved.  No credit card company likes a State agency sniffing around.

Contributor

I got So tired about AMEX (aka "India Express") and the rigamaroll that I had to go through to get what I needed, that I stopped using my AMEX card completely. That was years ago, and I don't regret it one bit. Oh, and I'd had my card for many years, and I used to work for AMEX Travel. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvc chick wrote:
Thanks for the response, but this is the phone number (NY) that I have called. The operator answers, but she just transfers you to main toll free number. I asked to speak to someone in her building, but she said nobody takes calls at the main NY office. What is up with that???

@qvc chick

Call the following # - Investor Relations Contact
Mr. Ken Paukowits
(212) 640-6348

Ask to be transferred to any of the Officers & Directors on THE LIST.

After you get your issue resolved, drop/cancel your acct w/AE & do some research on CC that will better fit your needs when it comes to "customer service."

Personally, if I have a problem w/a CC company, I rarely call.  I ALWAYS write a letter to the CEO, cc to CS & SNAIL MAIL certified.  Never e-mail.

I ALWAYS hear from the CEO and/or CS or some other underling person within 30 business days.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif