Valued Contributor

Re: PUTTING MONEY WHERE MOUTH IS?

@PamfromCT  Hi Pam, I understand.  I'm not part of a group either and post just sporadically.  I'm also disgusted beyond measure with QVC and won't be ordering with them again.

I've joined the board that mellyg and others have so wonderfully produced in miraculous time.  There are too many thoughtful, informative and interesting women (and men) who I would miss reading otherwise

The format is very similar to this one.  I've posted a few times there successfully.  Hope you'll give it a try.

Honored Contributor

I think the OP is always looking for problems where none exist.  You make things way too hard and complicated.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Shanus, You raise many valid points.  I have not changed over to the other forum, and I doubt I will.  And I certainly won’t join QVC on Facebook.  My reasons for not joining the new forum are many.  I am not part of a group here.  I tend to be more serious rather than amusing.  I am sure I annoyed many with my emphasis on the COVID vaccine.  

I wear petite clothing, and long ago saw that QVC wasn’t interested in expanding those offerings.  The very slow shipping has been also been harmful. 

Like so many others, my DH and I have mostly been at home for a long time.  Face time with family/friends isn’t the same.

This place was my lifeline to the outside world with people from all over the country, living different lives, with different interests, sharing joys and sorrows.  And then, wham.  Forget fostering good will, forget the many posters who have been here for many years—who cares?

I have no interest in purchasing from QVC at all.  

@PamfromCT,,  please rethink joining the new board.  Many/most of the same posters you've engaged with here are at the new board.  It has been set up with nearly the same various forums as here so you have many options as to where to read or post.

I can appreciate your anger and disappointment with Q but why deprive yourself of a "lifeline to the outside world" by shutting yourself off from it.

Please reconsider.  Sign up now then decide if and when you want to participate.  Come over and read, evaluate and hopefully post.

@Marp   Have a look....I'm signed in and am there. same SHANUS nic.

Esteemed Contributor

They couldn't have made it any easier.

Currently,  you can look around, see what's going on, get acquainted with the structure (which is actually fairly intuitive and uncomplicated.)  The topics are familiar. 

Next step, register.  It takes 3 minutes and your information is not compromised. 

As a registered member, continue to read only and avoid posting until acclimated.  

Post occasionally and see what happens. 

If it still isn't working, delete your account in its entirety and move on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Shanus, You raise many valid points.  I have not changed over to the other forum, and I doubt I will.  And I certainly won’t join QVC on Facebook.  My reasons for not joining the new forum are many.  I am not part of a group here.  I tend to be more serious rather than amusing.  I am sure I annoyed many with my emphasis on the COVID vaccine.  

I wear petite clothing, and long ago saw that QVC wasn’t interested in expanding those offerings.  The very slow shipping has been also been harmful. 

Like so many others, my DH and I have mostly been at home for a long time.  Face time with family/friends isn’t the same.

This place was my lifeline to the outside world with people from all over the country, living different lives, with different interests, sharing joys and sorrows.  And then, wham.  Forget fostering good will, forget the many posters who have been here for many years—who cares?

I have no interest in purchasing from QVC at all.  

@PamfromCT,,  please rethink joining the new board.  Many/most of the same posters you've engaged with here are at the new board.  It has been set up with nearly the same various forums as here so you have many options as to where to read or post.

I can appreciate your anger and disappointment with Q but why deprive yourself of a "lifeline to the outside world" by shutting yourself off from it.

Please reconsider.  Sign up now then decide if and when you want to participate.  Come over and read, evaluate and hopefully post.

@Marp   Have a look....I'm signed in and am there. same SHANUS nic.

@Shanus,  ????  I know you are registered, my post was responding to PamfromCT.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager   I appreciate your post. I AM signed in and have been learning my way around. Of course, I want to be there and give it a fair shot.Why not?

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager   you can add me to the list of those who want to join only moderated chat sites.  There are many that aren't, so a moderated site gains for me just because of its rarity.  

I was here on the Q forums before there were moderators --  now in what is realistically the probable last decade of my life, I have no intention of learning to shoot a gun, of learning how to throw an effective fist, or of becoming comfortable in another unmoderated board. Already lived more than enough of that

Honored Contributor

I don’t order from QVC very often (less than 10/year) but I make no apologies for placing 2 orders yesterday.

I do think they should have waited until Jan to close the boards, but I’m not surprised they are closing. Frankly, I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. I suspect orders generated from this board is a lot less than posters here believe.
Honored Contributor

@Marp   Sorry, see I still mess up here after many years. 

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I don’t order from QVC very often (less than 10/year) but I make no apologies for placing 2 orders yesterday.

I do think they should have waited until Jan to close the boards, but I’m not surprised they are closing. Frankly, I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. I suspect orders generated from this board is a lot less than posters here believe.

I agree.

The posters that post here represent a very small amount of QVC shoppers.  All this ranting and raving about no longer ordering will not make much of a difference to their bottom line at all.