Honored Contributor

Re: PUTTING MONEY WHERE MOUTH IS?

@Shanus 

Many of us over there are in the same boat when it comes to navigating something new on the internet.  When I was working my biggest delight in the form of "technology" was getting an electric typewriter instead of the old manual!  Everything I do 'digitally' was self-taught.  That's one of the reasons I like this forum--because I got important information I now need in this modern world.  

It's also why, with trepidation, I joined the other forum.  Even if it's not the same as here (which I realize it won't be), or not something I go to every morning like I do now, I still need and want to maintain some contact with some of the people I have grown to know and appreciate over these past many years.

For many people, you are one of those people that they want to continue to be able to communicate with.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

For someone who wanted to sever all ties, runaway, flee and never see the name QVC ever again, there is an awful lot of posting about Q.  On their forum.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

For someone who wanted to sever all ties, runaway, flee and never see the name QVC ever again, there is an awful lot of posting about Q.  On their forum.

I actually expected that from the OP.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Shanus, You raise many valid points.  I have not changed over to the other forum, and I doubt I will.  And I certainly won’t join QVC on Facebook.  My reasons for not joining the new forum are many.  I am not part of a group here.  I tend to be more serious rather than amusing.  I am sure I annoyed many with my emphasis on the COVID vaccine.  

I wear petite clothing, and long ago saw that QVC wasn’t interested in expanding those offerings.  The very slow shipping has been also been harmful. 

Like so many others, my DH and I have mostly been at home for a long time.  Face time with family/friends isn’t the same.

This place was my lifeline to the outside world with people from all over the country, living different lives, with different interests, sharing joys and sorrows.  And then, wham.  Forget fostering good will, forget the many posters who have been here for many years—who cares?

I have no interest in purchasing from QVC at all.  

@PamfromCT,,  please rethink joining the new board.  Many/most of the same posters you've engaged with here are at the new board.  It has been set up with nearly the same various forums as here so you have many options as to where to read or post.

I can appreciate your anger and disappointment with Q but why deprive yourself of a "lifeline to the outside world" by shutting yourself off from it.

Please reconsider.  Sign up now then decide if and when you want to participate.  Come over and read, evaluate and hopefully post.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, Forgive me for not thanking you for all the time and effort you have put into giving advice and helping so many of us look our best.  I very much appreciate you and what you have done.  Best wishes to you.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Shanus, You raise many valid points.  I have not changed over to the other forum, and I doubt I will.  And I certainly won’t join QVC on Facebook.  My reasons for not joining the new forum are many.  I am not part of a group here.  I tend to be more serious rather than amusing.  I am sure I annoyed many with my emphasis on the COVID vaccine.  

I wear petite clothing, and long ago saw that QVC wasn’t interested in expanding those offerings.  The very slow shipping has been also been harmful. 

Like so many others, my DH and I have mostly been at home for a long time.  Face time with family/friends isn’t the same.

This place was my lifeline to the outside world with people from all over the country, living different lives, with different interests, sharing joys and sorrows.  And then, wham.  Forget fostering good will, forget the many posters who have been here for many years—who cares?

I have no interest in purchasing from QVC at all.  

@PamfromCT   Oh Geez, I didn't mean to begin a mutiny of any kind or ill will. My opinions are just that, but I do feel that complaining and then still purchasing and staying here long after it's obvious Q ditched the one place we could all commiserate was a slap in the face. 

I agree when you said you stayed close to home. DH worked from home most days too. I was inside beginning that Feb. (didn't want to contaminate DH during his tax season) until it was kinda OK to go out w/ masks...a very long time. I ventured out for groceries and prescriptions, but most were delivered. I also made a few enemies here telling folks to mask up and get vaccinated to end this tragedy. 

I'm thinking many will go to the new site and I am willing to try it out. Those you enjoyed being with may be there and still a comfort to you. Give it a shot. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@NicksmomESQ   I fear if the new site is discussed too often here and it's obvious we're recuiting folks to come over, these forums will be shut down w/o notice ASAP.

@Shanus  The boards here are closing in a few short weeks. The damage to us has already been done.The only reason we opened the other forum was because the Q pulled the rug out from under us.We aren't stealing their customers.The mellg site is just providing people who were displaced another place to go.

If the Q shuts down the site a bit earlier than 11/2 it's on them. If we waited until after the shutdown there would be no way for all of us to connect. I think you're overthinking this.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Ok, here's my honest opinion on this debacle. Many are bi*tching about the shut down of the forums, BUT if we continue to fill their coffers, what's the point of going to a new site? 

If on the site there are mostly discussions about QVC and its products, prices, slow shipping,TSVs...I don't understand and may not stay. I thought we were regrouping to remain with our friends here, not to continue our shopping habits with this company who gave us the boot. As much as I love you guys and will miss the friends I've made over the years, I'm DONE w/ Q and would rather not continue discussing the high prices of SIDE STITCH just on another "forum". 

Yes, shipping may be slow from from other sites, too, but as I've stated before,  most stores offer 40% off or more to compete for customers. Q's "sale prices" on over priced goods and then adding back $5.50 to maybe receive the item in 3 weeks was never acceptable to me.

Over the last few months, I've received the same 3 pr. of Earth Origins shoes, all the wrong size...I've waited on the phone way too long for CS (sure we've all been there) to re-order a correct size and only get another pr. also the wrong size. The same thing happened with a robe. It was sent in a Missy when I ordered Petite. Then the Petite arrives, too meaning lost shipping dollars to me, sending it back (even w/ a free label) and trying to keep track on my VISA of all these returns, charges, refunds, etc. Obviously, the staff is not up to snuff and the company is being run by inept employees. I no longer wish to put my money here OR discuss it on another new forum. As soon as I'm sure all refunds are posted on my VISA, I'm canceling my account, definitely have stopped watching and I'll be OUT. 

Yes, when and if I figure out the new site and it's more about us, as people/friends, I'll be happy to stay and learn  to  navigate. I really am not willing to change "forums" to just discuss more complaints about Q.

RANT OVER.

If the board was staying open, would you feel the same way?  Would you have stopped shopping here and returned unopened packages?  Your rant is without  merit

@Bri369   Definitely tired of Q long before the forum news. That was just the icing on the cake.

Honored Contributor

It has been fun to shop with QVC in years past because of the hosts and I could count on items being of good quality for the most part.  An endorsement from them bore some weight in my decision process.  I have something a plus if QVC sold it.

Now it gets an automatic minus in many cases and I automatically look elsewhere.  They are now more known to me for junk and closeouts and sneaky business practices for many reasons you can read about here.  I have several times felt duped and cheated by them.  Wouldn't have happened 8 or 10 years ago.

Bottom line now?  Since I have no easy power base to assess products that this forum provided, I won't think about QVC as a first option but rather a last resort for buying.

Out of sight, out of mind and with a bad taste about them for me.  I'm dispassionate about QVC.  It's just another company and one I'm a little suspicious of nowadays.  I have no warm place for them in my heart, after what 30 years of being a loyal customer?  

To me this is the final straw in feeling that QVC as I knew it no longer exists. And that's what they stated they want, so the execs got what they wanted. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Shanus 

Many of us over there are in the same boat when it comes to navigating something new on the internet.  When I was working my biggest delight in the form of "technology" was getting an electric typewriter instead of the old manual!  Everything I do 'digitally' was self-taught.  That's one of the reasons I like this forum--because I got important information I now need in this modern world.  

It's also why, with trepidation, I joined the other forum.  Even if it's not the same as here (which I realize it won't be), or not something I go to every morning like I do now, I still need and want to maintain some contact with some of the people I have grown to know and appreciate over these past many years.

For many people, you are one of those people that they want to continue to be able to communicate with.❤️

@geezerette   Thank you. It was many years ago, but I think setting up an account here was easier for me and I was off and running my mouth on the same day. Technology has changed and become more complicated for sure. I do/did come here most days to check in and see if I had notifications, in particular, to answer. Hoping the new site will get easier for me.