Esteemed Contributor

Re: PROGRESSIVE commercial

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

Great explanation @Anonymous032819  but keep in mind Doug and the LiMu Emu are not selling Progressive Insurance. His rant in the elevator is selling a Liberty Mutual insurance.

Either brand, he failed! 

@gizmogal 

Yes, you are correct.

It is Liberty Mutual.

My error.

Thank you for correcting me.

😊

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Anyone know why the gecko in the Geico commercials has a British accent?

"The company's ads sometimes focus on its reptilian mascot, the Geico Gecko, an anthropomorphic Day Gecko, was created by The Martin Agency, modified in November 2005 to a CGI character by Animation Director David Hulin and his team at Framestore. The gecko first appeared on August 26, 1998, during the Screen Actors Guild strike that prevented the use of live actors.[11] The original commercial features the Gecko voiced by actor Kelsey Grammer who climbs onto a microphone on a podium and utters 'This is my final plea: I am a gecko, not to be confused with GEICO, which could save you hundreds on car insurance. So, STOP CALLING ME!' before licking his eye. Later 'wrong number' ads used Dave Kelly as the voice of the gecko. In the subsequent commercials with Jake Wood[12] (which portray him as a representative of the company), the gecko speaks with an English Cockney accent because it would be unexpected, according to Martin Agency's Steve Bassett. In 2010s commercials, the gecko's accent is more working-class, perhaps in an effort to further 'humanize' him."

gecko.PNG

Trusted Contributor

The ones with Flo are awful.  She has had her 15 minutes of fame.  I turn the channel.

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

The ones with Flo are awful.  She has had her 15 minutes of fame.  I turn the channel.

Evidently Progressive agrees with you because we're seeing less and less of her.