Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115   Funny you mention that particular commercial...I despise that ad as does my DH, and we do not understand it.  I think some of their other ads are pretty good.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

The goal of commercials is to get you to watch them.  Maybe this is all reverse psychology.  We are transfixed with the thought of Gosh, this is terrible and pay attention.  I've also noticed most commercials have a lot of movement, guys dancing around like idiots in the Delta shower commercial, another guy checking his body out for skin cancer.  Wayfair also uses movement.  

--------------------

And to remember the product so that you will buy it!!  Even though some ads are clever, most ads do not push the product name enough.  Can't tell you haw many ads I have seen and really don't know what product they were promoting!! 

My dad was in advertising his entire work life!  He told me...if the viewer cannot remember the product, the ad was a fail!!

And I hate that Progressive half man/half motor ad too!  It is a bit creepy!!

Honored Contributor

There is a new commercial now....Doug and emu are in a elevator...Doug has long hair like he is a hippie...and dressed very 70's....there is a person on his phone in the escalator too...

does anyone understand what this new commercial is about? I just do-not "get" IT. 

Trusted Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

What does everyone think about the progressive Motour commercials? I think they are rather weird  and something not quite right about them. I don't understand it's like a handicap person. Maybe someone could make me feel better about them.

That commercial creeps me out big time.

I do find some of the Geico commercials cute, tho.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I get tired of the  "Limu Emu--and Doug"   commercials. 

I HATE them.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden  The elevator commercial is about you never forget the one that got away....

Doug is reminscing about the one person (stranger in an elevator) he didn't reach with his "only pay for what you need" message. The reason he didn't reach him? The stranger had headphones on and didn't hear what Doug was saying. By the time he realized Doug was talking to him the elevator had arrived at his floor and he got off. 

Not my favorite Smiley Indifferent

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen the Progressive commercial.  But I love the latest Geico one, with Marco Polo in the pool....chuckle every time it comes on!

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I haven't seen the Progressive commercial.  But I love the latest Geico one, with Marco Polo in the pool....chuckle every time it comes on!

@alicedee 

Actually, that commercial is several years old.

They must've pulled it out of the vault and decided to re-run it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@alicedee 

Actually, that commercial is several years old.

They must've pulled it out of the vault and decided to re-run it.

I missed it the first time around!  Poor, confused Marco cracks me up!

Honored Contributor

I think it is meant to appeal to motorcycle riders.