Super Contributor

To me the Geico commercials are least annoying.  For some reason I still like the gecko.  What drives me nuts are all the drug commercials.  They are so lo-o-o-ng.

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

Anyone know why the gecko in the Geico commercials has a British accent?

Super Contributor

There is a new commercial that shows a young couple that purchased a house in a HOA and the busy body comes around and snips the hanging baskets as a violation, chainsaws the mailbox, etc.  Forget the name of the insurance company which defeats the purpose of the ad.  

Honored Contributor

What do I think?  It is the stupidest commercial on television. Just...plain...stupid...

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

was it Progressive that had the Caveman commercials? I thought those were clever and amusing.

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

So many ads are full of desperation.

Well of course they are! They're trying to sell "stuff".

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

There is a new commercial now....Doug and emu are in a elevator...Doug has long hair like he is a hippie...and dressed very 70's....there is a person on his phone in the escalator too...

does anyone understand what this new commercial is about? I just do-not "get" IT. 

Me neither! 

Valued Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I haven't seen the Progressive commercial.  But I love the latest Geico one, with Marco Polo in the pool....chuckle every time it comes on!

That Llama is the cutest!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

There is a new commercial now....Doug and emu are in a elevator...Doug has long hair like he is a hippie...and dressed very 70's....there is a person on his phone in the escalator too...

does anyone understand what this new commercial is about? I just do-not "get" IT. 

Me neither! 

@emmygrace 

@SeaMaiden 

It's easy to figure out.

Doug is lamenting about the one customer that got away, as he reminisces about how that one customer got away from him.

He remembers that he was in an elevator, telling a young man about how he could save money by switching to Progressive.

Unbeknownst to him, the young man has headphones on.

By the time that Doug gets his attention, the elevator has come to a stop, and the doors open, and the young man says, "This is my floor" , and exits the elevator, without ever hearing about how he could save money by switching to Progressive.

The doors close, and the one customer that Doug could have helped, got away.

Understand it now?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Great explanation @Anonymous032819  but keep in mind Doug and the LiMu Emu are not selling Progressive Insurance. His rant in the elevator is selling a Liberty Mutual insurance.

Either brand, he failed!