Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

Your post made me cry. I am so sorry for the loss of your family member. I lost my beloved chow 8 years ago, and your post brought back the pain, and loss. It does  get better, but the loss is always there. My thoughts and prayers with you and your family as you go through this difficult time. 

Im sorry, I didn't want to make anyone cry or bring back anyones pain. Thank you for your kind words. We will get thru this. Bo will always live on in our hearts.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

we love our pet just like our chidren, I had to put my pets down a few time it so very heart breaking.

Valued Contributor
I’m so sorry you lost your fur baby. They are family members in every sense of the word.
Trusted Contributor

@hsawaknow

Sorry I'm reading this post so late.  I don't log into these forums as much as I would like to.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  It's very hard losing a pet.  Did it twice - and it never gets any easier.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Hang in there - things will get better Smiley Happy

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate everyones stories and heartfelt expressions.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/06 8/4/18
Formally hsawaknow since 2011
Frequent Contributor
I’m late to commenting here, but I wanted to say that I do understand. For me, losing a dear pet is the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. And the older I get the harder it is for me to understand or accept loss. I had a cat who lived to be about 18 years old. I adopted him from a shelter when I’d just turned 22 and I lost him just before I turned 40. That was last summer and my heart hasn’t healed. It’s a terrible pain, I know it. And I don’t have any magic words to help with the pain, though I wish I did. I just wanted you to know that I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. It’s tough, but those of us who love animals know how it hurts. Good thoughts from me to you and your family.
Respected Contributor

Thinking of You.  {{{Gentle Caring Hugs}}}  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

@Nugbucker

Thank you for your touching story. I still feel the pain from my first cat I lost, he was born in my closet and I rescued his Mom. I kept him and his sister. Charlie lived to be 13and was the sweetest cat I ever owned, it hurt for me to put him to sleep. We buried him under the apple tree in our yard. His sister Chebe joined him 3 years later. My other 2 cats left, a rescue Mom cat and I kept her son are 13 and 12. They are looking for Bo, wondering where he is. Its heartbreaking. 

I love and still love all my pets, living or not for they hold a very special place and time in my heart.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

We love them.  We take care of them. They take care of us. And because our pets are a part of our family, we grieve when they are gone. (Lef...

Super Contributor

Forever by your side....... He will live on Foever in your Heart ~