Contributor

Re: Need some good vibes, please :)

Thank you, @Bird mama!  They make us use an icon at work and most everyone has these very professional, headshot, suit and tie type pics but that is *SO* not me.  
But cranky kitten worked!  LOL!  
I feel much better Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

....oh, yeah.  We all have days or even weeks like that.  You just have to keep a sense of humor and get through it.   

Honored Contributor

Aw I'm so sorry you're having a rough clothing day....

On days like that I usually throw the garment into the wash and declare   "If you live, I'll keep you...."   Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@LillyAnne wrote:

It's Friday and that's awesome!  But I need some help making it a better day, please.

A brand new dress from HSN with grommets left *rust* marks all over the dress and a white top. 
My boyfriend tossed an Isaac sweater in the laundry (wash AND dry) and now it's too small to wear. 
The Slinky top that looked *super cute* online (HSN) is actually a weird fabric that's tissue paper thin and has to go back. 

AND I broke my "cheap and cheerful" thong flip-flop sandals I picked up from clearance this Spring. 
UGH!!!

clearly, I'm hormonal Cat Wink

Want to trade problems? Hint! Spent the whole night in the ER with my wife.

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Oh No, @hckynutjohn!  That's terrible.  I'm sorry to hear that.  I''m hoping she's feeling better...

I admit my rant is a bit #FirstWorldProblem.  Thank you for the perspective.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LillyAnne wrote:

Oh No, @hckynutjohn!  That's terrible.  I'm sorry to hear that.  I''m hoping she's feeling better...

LillyAnne,

While my situation is of a serious nature, I certainly understand days that just seem like everything is against you/me. I am an eternal optimist and have been most of my adult life.

I hope you took my post in the way in which it was meant, and that was not to put you down in any way.

Thank you for the well wishes for me wife. She is now home but still not sure if she needs yet another intestinal surgery. She had one last October and then again 5 weeks later. Blocked and twisted intestines.

They did a Contrasting CAT Scan and this time the intestines are not twisted and only partially blocked. She will be seeing her Bariatric Surgeon Monday to see if she needs yet another surgery.

Again, thank you for the well wishes, and I hope you day gets better for you as it moves along. 

hckynut(john)
Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@LillyAnne wrote:

LillyAnne,

While my situation is of a serious nature, I certainly understand days that just seem like everything is against you/me. I am an eternal optimist and have been most of my adult life.

I hope you took my post in the way in which it was meant, and that was not to put you down in any way.

Thank you for the well wishes for me wife. She is now home but still not sure if she needs yet another intestinal surgery. She had one last October and then again 5 weeks later. Blocked and twisted intestines.

They did a Contrasting CAT Scan and this time the intestines are not twisted and only partially blocked. She will be seeing her Bariatric Surgeon Monday to see if she needs yet another surgery.

Again, thank you for the well wishes, and I hope you day gets better for you as it moves along. 

All my best, @hckynutjohn, for her speedy recovery   Heart

Respected Contributor

I understand that it's easy to get upset even over trivial things sometimes, but the stuff you're complaining about is just "stuff."  If you have your health and your relationships are good, you've got it made.  You're probably better off than a lot of us.  Sometimes you just need a shift in paradigm.

Honored Contributor

@3CatMom

Clearly I'm too late to offer advice for your Friday, but I had to chime in any way!  I was having a kind of stinky Friday myself.  I was off from work and wanted to be so happy.  I wanted to be in a Zen state.  However,  I woke up cranky, unhappy, and snappish.  What the???  It took me half of the day to snap out of it.

I didn't feel well, everything I touched went haywire, and my nerves were like every which  way.   

I finlly decided to get out my cleaning supplies -- yes, yuck -- but before I knew it - I felt somewhat better.  Not great, but at least I accomplished a few things.  And I started thinking, thank goodness, I am here and not at work!!  LOL! And thank goodness I have my DH!  Later, he got his chores done, and I, mine.  Then, we just vegged out in the living room and enjoyed comfy time. All good!  

Sometimes all the little things just seem to form a big pile and we can't see over it!  

But we are women --- we can handle pretty much anything that comes our way, right?  Woman Very Happy  If nothing else helps, there's always retail therapy!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn  I am very sorry to read that your wife is having colon problems... I think you have health problems on an ongoing basis, too?  I wish you both well... 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~