Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday, August 7, 2015

Greetings to you all!  Today all day we have a rainy day!  That's a blessing for all the lawns, gardens, and flowers!  It's thundering in the distance. Darla and Greg are in Vancouver now - got a text when they were at the boarder that they can't text nor call while there, our Sprint is only for the US.  But we can keep in contact with the Facebook messaging, like Lori did when she was in Guatemala.  That's a blessing!  

If something is too small to pray about, then it is too small to worry about. 
Lord, give me the strength and wisdom to keep my life manageable.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed
are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe."  ~John 20:29

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

God can help make us truly grateful and humble.  Since we cannot see
God, we can believe in God without seeing.  What we can see clearly is
the change in a human being when that person sincerely asks God for the
strength to change.  We can cling to faith in God and in God's power to
change our ways. Our faith in God can be rewarded by a useful and
serviceable life.  God can show us the way we should live, when in real
gratitude and true humility we turn to God.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may believe that God can change me.  I pray that I may be
always willing to be changed for the better.

PRAYER FOR THE FEAST OF THE TRANSFIGURATION - 6TH OF AUGUST

O God, who on the holy mount revealed to chosen witnesses your well-beloved Son, wonderfully transfigured, in raiment white and glistening: Mercifully grant that we, being delivered from the disquietude of this world, may by faith behold the King in his beauty; who with you, O Father, and you, O Holy Spirit, lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever.

KNOWING MY WORTH
Author Unknown

"Each one of you is a Son of God because of your faith in Christ
Jesus" - Galatians 3:26

Even as a child, this counselee of mine did not receive enough praises
or encouragement from her parents and siblings. Only criticisms when
she erred. Naturally, her self-esteem was damaged. And it took its
toll in her married life.

Now, her husband gone to another woman, she lives as a single mother
to two kids and she is struggling to find a way to support them - both
materially and emotionally. In our sessions, I focused on her self-
esteem because I knew it was her low self-worth that made her repeat
harmful behavior patterns, which is her real problem. She has to
realize that she was a child of God. And this means she is loved.

The root of all codependency is a love hunger, which can be filled by
the Lord mainly.

That is why there is hope for those of us with a broken past. A good
grounding in the Lord will see us through.

Storms Can Make Music

There is a legend about a German nobleman who had a castle in the hills along the Rhine. Being a music lover, he stretched some wires between the towers of his castle with the hope that the winds might vibrate them and make music. But the gentle Rhineland breezes produced no sounds.

Then one night a great thunderstorm swept up the valley. Furious winds beat against the castle. Even the mountains roundabout seemed to shake.

The baron opened a sheltered window to watch the progress of the storm and, to his astonishment, he heard the strains of beautiful music. Now those wires were humming like guitar strings. It had required a windstorm to bring out the music!

Is it not often so with us? In the day of calm prosperity, little spiritual beauty is seen in us. But when God sends the tempest, he can make music out of it which we never expected to come out of a storm of trouble.

August 6 - Jesus Calling

When things seem to be going all wrong, stop and affirm your trust in Me. Calmly bring these matters to Me, and leave them in My capable hands. Then, simply do the next thing. Stay in touch with Me through thankful, trusting prayers, resting in My sovereign control. Rejoice in Me—exult in the God of your salvation! As you trust in Me, I make your feet like the feet of a deer. I enable you to walk and make progress upon your high places of trouble, suffering, or responsibility.

Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.
—Job 13:15 nkjv

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
—Psalm 18:33

Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds’ feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!
—Habakkuk 3:17–19 amp