Respected Contributor

My last haircut was in December and I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get a trim soon. My hair get cut in very precise layers and after all this time, I'm sure you can imagine what a sloppy, untidy, frizzy mess it is. I can almost get it into a pony tail again but pulling my hair back gives me a headache. I wouldn't mind as much if my DH isn't forced to see me this way.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten My last hair appointment was January 22nd!! I need a cut but I'm going to wait for the first wave of people who probably have waited longer than that!

My hair is only slightly layered but very thick.

I'd love to have a hair appointment asap when we get to phase 2 here in WA but I'll be patient! Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Get DH to cut it for you.  I've had my DH cut mine twice since I've been staying at home, and it still looks pretty good.  I just have him comb up small sections and snip the ends off.  I have a short layered pixie.

Honored Contributor

Yes, many people are in the same boat...we're all in this together.

What our hair looks like should not be a big worry.  It's only temporary and I am sure your husband doesn't mind.

If he is like most men, he's not interested in your hair.

I'm sure you look just fine.

Valued Contributor

@Wendy Lou Hoo wrote:

Get DH to cut it for you.  I've had my DH cut mine twice since I've been staying at home, and it still looks pretty good.  I just have him comb up small sections and snip the ends off.  I have a short layered pixie.

Yes, and please send pics after your hubby layers your hair. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   If you can recall how your stylist cut your hair, you can attempt it yourself. 
  I've cut mine about 22 years. A good pair of scissors or razor will help. Start with small sections and just trim the ends. 
  Then next time see what else needs trimming. A hand held mirror helps. I have a triple sectioned bathroom mirror.

I did mine last night from a bob to almost a pixie, I cut it shorter in Summer.

If you make a mistake, hair grows and you can trim more or use styling products to hide it!

Respected Contributor

I was lucky.   My state was one that salons were allowed to open for essential personnel and I was able to get my hair cut last weekend.   Talk about feeling better.....

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

My last haircut was in December and I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get a trim soon. My hair get cut in very precise layers and after all this time, I'm sure you can imagine what a sloppy, untidy, frizzy mess it is. I can almost get it into a pony tail again but pulling my hair back gives me a headache. I wouldn't mind as much if my DH isn't forced to see me this way.

Anyone else in the same boat?

A couple of weeks ago, I posted on my community site called nextdoor dot com about needing a haircut. A female hair-dresser responded - she lives a few blocks from me - and I went to her home. Her garage was divided in half, and made into a small salon. She did a great job and charged me a low price.

Esteemed Contributor

My hairdresser lives about 15 minutes from me.He has a little room in his house that he converted to a salon.His regular salon is still closed due to Covid.I went to his home salon for a trim last week. I'm going back next week to get my roots colored. 

Honored Contributor

A ponytail can be your friend during this struggle. Lol