Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Applied For Furlough Pay Because Of The Virus?

I did today (after so many people were added to help)!  It was still a headache.  The problem was the software.  I know what they were going for, but the problem was if you worked in one state, and the home office happened to be in another state, the program wouldn't go forward!

I spent about an hour on the phone during four phone calls and about 4 hours from lockdowns because of a busy server as well as a software that couldn't handle your main office out of state!!!

PASS THE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!  Please!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Applied For Furlough Pay Because Of The Virus?

I’m in my fifth week of a furlough. Sorry it was so difficult to get through but hopefully things will go smoothly for you now. My online process has been straightforward and I started getting benefits quickly. I feel very badly for those who have been waiting weeks and even months in some states. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  ...... I learned something new from your post. I had never heard of a "furlough pay" and had to look it up. Nice when you aren't too old to  learn! Very familiar with layoffs and unemployment benefits but this is a first for me regarding "furlough pay". Every time I think about distancing myself from the forum something or someone post something positive to remind me why I first started coming here. I really do like to read the different opinions and learn new terms.

P.S.      Won't pass the chocolate. That I don't share.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg Thank you.  I had never heard of furlow pay either, but these are different times to be sure!