Honored Contributor

@mspatmac You remind me of other posters who enjoy scolding the rest of us for posting things we want to do and miss, like getting our hair cut or colored! Way back in the day, the village "scolds" were put in the stocks LOL!

Just let us have our little fusses and don't bother yourself about it!

Honored Contributor

My friend came over on Friday and did hair for us.   We all wore masks.   

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten   If you can recall how your stylist cut your hair, you can attempt it yourself. 
  I've cut mine about 22 years. A good pair of scissors or razor will help. Start with small sections and just trim the ends. 
  Then next time see what else needs trimming. A hand held mirror helps. I have a triple sectioned bathroom mirror.

I did mine last night from a bob to almost a pixie, I cut it shorter in Summer.

If you make a mistake, hair grows and you can trim more or use styling products to hide it!

No I can't; have you ever tried to cut the layers in your hair using emboidery scissors and a hand mirror?

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I'm sure you look just fine.

LOL! No I don't Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten I wish I could help you.

I had my hair cut back in September.  Normally I get my hair cut every four weeks.  I decided to change styles and let it grow.

I recently have cut my own hair twice.  It needed it.  I looks nice, but I am sure when my stylist gets her hands in it, she will see mistakes all over the place.

I am a stylist.  I no longer work but I still own a shop.  I rent out "chairs."  Well, I did anyway.  Right now I am not collecting any rent.  I don't plan on  charging any back rent when we can open here, but I am gonna try to snag a free haircut.

I cut my DH's hair every 10 days as usual, so he looks pretty good, except now he is growing a short clean cut beard. His beard is pure white and his hair is salt and pepper.  Today he asked if I could dye his beard. No way!

I can't wait until we get back to normal.

Trusted Contributor

I last had my hair cut in December, too.  Luckily I have a good perm but it's getting too long.  Unfortunately my stylist isn't one of the first to be opening the salon next week.  No way would i attempt anything on my own.  I hate going white and need my color.  I feel for you!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@mspatmac You remind me of other posters who enjoy scolding the rest of us for posting things we want to do and miss, like getting our hair cut or colored! Way back in the day, the village "scolds" were put in the stocks LOL!

Just let us have our little fusses and don't bother yourself about it!

@Love my grandkids I didn't mean to come off like that, I'm sorry. I guess it was my little fuss.  I can't wait to get my hair done either and I have a long list of things I miss and want to do too. My point was not putting myself at risk over hair.  Everyone needs to make their own decisions and not be criticized. I am putting myself in time out since I don't have stocks LOL  Stay safe Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Our salons are open but have restrictions. I am getting my hair cut and colored on 5/9. I haven't had a cut since February. I did color it once but now the grey is raising its ugly head. I can't wait.

Esteemed Contributor

I was lucky enough to get my hair cut on Mar 10, and was lucky enough to get a different stylist and a new, shorter style. So......so far, so good, but I do need a trim again.  However, it will just have to do until salons open again.  This situation is getting old and scary.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, mine doesn't look good either. And the color is fading, my hairdresser got some of these highlights too light last time. Its kind of a hot mess. I did trim my bangs and one day I'll think they look better, the next day not so much.

But, most of us are probably thinking the same thing.

My friend already has appointment with her beautician this Friday. My state is opening up this week. She said she is going to be the only client in the shop.

It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I'll just sit here with this mop a while longer.