Honored Contributor

Mine was cut Dec 17. I trimmed some off when I last colored it.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten I was so lucky - My last standing appointment happened to be the last day my salon was open -  near the end of March.

I prefer to trim and color at 4-week intervals.  I'm at 5 now and I might have to do some minor trimming and for sure I'll have to color before she's allowed to open up.  Even then, I expect appointments could be hard to get if for no other reason than her having to schedule clients one at a time.  The stylist works in a room too small to do social distancing with even 2 clients at one time.

I'm in southern Florida so I'll hope lots of her snowbird customers leave before I can.  Heaven forbid I have to drive ugly!

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten I was so lucky - My last standing appointment happened to be the last day my salon was open -  near the end of March.

I prefer to trim and color at 4-week intervals.  I'm at 5 now and I might have to do some minor trimming and for sure I'll have to color before she's allowed to open up.  Even then, I expect appointments could be hard to get if for no other reason than her having to schedule clients one at a time.  The stylist works in a room too small to do social distancing with even 2 clients at one time.

I'm in southern Florida so I'll hope lots of her snowbird customers leave before I can.  Heaven forbid I have to drive ugly!

What part of Southern Florida .. I'm in Ft. Myers ....

Honored Contributor

I wear my hair really, really short.  Like Jamie Lee Curtis short.

Fortunately, I got it cut about 10 days before the shelter in place order.

It grew pretty fast and looked horrible and last week I cut it myself. Took me forever and who knows what it looks like in the back, but I couldn't take it anymore. 

I won't need a haircut for quite some time.  I went a little overboard with the cutting. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I colored my hair two weeks ago. I do not dare try to cut it. I figured it was time to see what my hair would look like without beauty intervention. So far it looks fine.

Trusted Contributor

Mine has morphed into a big bouffant.  The last cut I got months ago was the worst cut in years, and then this.  It's like it has it's own mine, and the 60's called!

Honored Contributor

There's no way on God's green earth I would try to trim my hair! That would be a huge disaster so I'm just going to wait for Phase 2 in WA so I can get my "pro" to do it!

Respected Contributor

Yes! I want a cut & color right now but my State is shutdown for another month & after that who knows how long it will be before salons can open. I'll have to find a new salon too, drove by mine & there's a For Lease sign in the window...ugh.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Mine has morphed into a big bouffant.  The last cut I got months ago was the worst cut in years, and then this.  It's like it has it's own mine, and the 60's called!

Sending you a can of virtual Aqua Net 😉

I had a salon appt th day before our shutdown here in MI but the salon was already shuttered.

I ordered haircolor on ebay 10 days ago, still waiting. I do have ponytail holders!

Esteemed Contributor

The last thing I'm concerned with is my hair! I am in need of a cut and color too and very particular about my hair but not taking any chances by going to a salon, someones home or having my hairdresser come to my home as she offered.  I'm more concerned about getting the essentials I need and a baseball cap or a spray of root cover hides all problems when I do grocery pickup.

I understand those that are still going out to work being concerned as I would be but for those of us at home with very limited outside contact why is it such a big deal?  Just my thoughts