Esteemed Contributor

@Foolywooly11  I also modeled many years ago. However, the money made went right back into purchasing additional expensive clothes! It wasn't profitable for mom and I. We did it strickly for fun, friendship and fashions we wore (and bought at a discount).

Once married, my husband couldn't understand the thrill of the long hours and then sometimes spending more than I earned! Best dressed teenager (and on into my mid-20's); then modeled again in my mid-30's and beyond.

It was fun to socialize and show off the latest fashions in an upscale department store when trunk shows were done.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I just googled the salary for a qvc model is from 45,000 to 75,000.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a pretty mediocre wage. 

Respected Contributor

I was told the models are paid hourly at a rate of $100 an hour but only paid for time "on air" so when you break it down the wage is not as luxurious as one would think.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I don't know and it's none of my business but that blond Jackie must be earning good bucks being she's there 24/7. Or does it only seem that way?

JMO, but blond Jackie and every other model who is there just about 24/7 is putting in the hours because the pay is so low. Of course the Agency she works for gets a percentage of what she earns and after taxes, well. I bet most of those models either really don't have to work for a living or they have other jobs, several of the models are nurses.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea at all, I can't even guess.  Do you really QVC????  I ask because not ALL of the models are young, not by a long shot.  And they aren't all professional models, many of them of the models are now average, everyday women with bodies like the averagd QVC customer.  Which I appreciate because that gives us a better idea of what the clothes really look like.   I honestly don't think what they do is so hard that they can't work two shifts in a day, even the older ones.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

Modeling is definitely for the young.   I had to do a professional photo shoot years ago (in my 40s) for my employment.    I had 3 clothing changes.    Close ups as well as full length.    Took about an hour and I was exhausted!    Posing, hold the pose when I was barely balanced on the edge of a seat.  Stand up, sit down, move here, move there, now don't move.     Run, go change clothes, had to get the most bang for my buck, the photographer charges by the hour.

I could not do that for a living.   I have no idea what models make but it must be good, so many trying to get in the business.

BTW my pictures were excellent.

Good points you made here.  Am sure many of us--myself included--think modeling as such an easy job. You sit there, smile and look pretty. Not as glamorous as we imagine it to be.

Honored Contributor

I certainly never thought of shopping channel or catalog modeling was glamourous.   It's just a job.  Of course it is not hard but like every single job in this world, it has it's own challenges and aggravations.  It's a pay check and I suspect for part time work shopping channel modeling, it's very nice pay check indeed.  It beats driving for Uber or LYFT.

Valued Contributor

I DID A SEARCH  THEY MAKE  100  bucks an hour

Honored Contributor

Some of the models are featured in QVC "commercials" as well in their print "ads" on their site. There are some that are requested by the vendors as well. I don't doubt that adds up either in additional pay and perhaps what the agency charges (the more in demand you are, the more you can demand in pay).