Honored Contributor

Re: May Flowers and New Life at the Bird's Nest: May 2024

My youngest great niece made her First Communion on Saturday.  I understand why Catholic churches modernized their services and use a more casual (?) way of communicating Scripture.  That said, these Catholic Masses are something else (hahaha).  What I think of the Mass doesn't matter - the point was that my great niece made what I consider her first voluntary sacrament.  There was a lovely luncheon afterwards and it was a good day all in all.  I was so glad that the weather held out because I thought for sure we were gonna get rained on.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

really not to much today

lawn man is here he got a friend who has a sit down lawn mower and made mincemeats of the lawn today. he really cut short which is what I like. done quickly. with the sit down mower

lost batch of my 3 month supply of my medication I take. sent from central location midwest, sitting in virginia has not moved in 4 days. so it has been lost-have to wait till tomorrow call the central "bank" where meds are refilled and ship another batch. one meds I am down to last 9 day of pills, don't know how they can get me a 3 month supply to me overnight, have never had this happen before always gotten my meds and dh meds this way never a problem till now.

that is about all later guys

Honored Contributor

That happened to me in either 2020 or early 2021.  I private pay for a 90 day supply of brand name synthroid from Eagle Pharmacy in Florida.  The post office was going through some things at that time and Eagle Pharmacy used the post office.  I waited like 14 days before I called and said, okay I think it's lost.  The pharmacy overnighted my RX and wouldn't you know, a week later the missing 90 day supply of synthroid showed up.  I called Eagle Pharmacy and tried to get them to take payment for the delayed synthroid and they refused to take my money because the shipment was considered lost.

As a result I always have an extra 90 day supply of synthroid on hand.  Guess that could come in handy should I ever switch endocrinologists.  It takes so long to get an appointment with someone new I wouldn't have to worry about running out.

@viva923 

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday with Beautiful Flowers

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Thunder is rolling, again. Hope the rain doesn't last long. The ground is so, so wet that it will be a long time before any of the various workmen I have lined up to do jobs will be able to bring their heavy equipment into the yard. I have some errands to do today, but am waiting to see how long the rain lasts, no fun running around in the rain, lol.
Have a good day!
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

hello all

got email last night-medication was dropped off at post office here in town and it will be delivered today sure hope it will delivered.

very humid today

did get out for morn walk

don't like the feel of the air mass over us-very charged-storms are moving in from the west.

think i will close up today-very humid and allergies are nasty today too

not much else. later all

Respected Contributor

My fur baby woke me up b4 dawn. She was crying because we had a thunderstorm. I always try to comfort her, but she's never completely calm until the storm is over. I tried until 7am to get back to sleep, then gave up and had Frosted Flakes & decaf for breakfast.

It's almost 80 this morning & very humid. I walked 2 blocks to my mailbox & was weak feeling by the time I got home. It's a delivery day for me. I'm expecting a case of canned dog food, a top from the Q (it was in my mailbox), a pair of sandals, electric toothbrush from Target, & my duplicate weed wacker from HD. I guess opening everything will keep me busy today.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Flowers and Motivation

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not a good day for me,

not much else. later all

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that you're having a bad day @viva923   I wanted to share with you that I made a hardware/home improvement store run today.  Lowes was first and I picked up 2 - 64 ounce bottles of 30 second cleaner.  It's the bottle that attaches to the hose and I figured if one bottle was good, 2 was probably better, lol.