Honored Contributor

Oh no Freddie @Winifred  you need the Zpak?  I guess being around kids you are bound to catch something.  As a matter of fact I was around little kids on Saturday and was sick on Tuesday night into Wednesday.  Still trying to get over it.  The little ones carry some kind of germs, I'll tell ya.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hello all - the augmentin is doing it's job killing every single bacteria in my body, lol.  I'm taking one probiotic supplement per day and think I may need to bump that up to 2 per day if I expect to be able to leave the house for any length of time Woman LOL

I need to work onsite tomorrow and Friday to fulfill the 2 days onsite commitment of this working remote pilot. 

Honored Contributor

Bernie,   Hope you are feeling well enough to go into work tomorrow.  Don't want a relapse.   I've never taken a probiotic so I don't know how well they work.   Hope yours does the job.

My ribs hurt from all the coughing I've got going on.  I HATE this dry cough, and now chest cold.  Ugh!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@possummink  I never took a probiotic before April 2017.  When I got sick last year and the doctor prescribed augmentin it had been 30 years since I had taken that antibiotic.  The dose didn't seem that high and the 2 tablets were spaced 12 hours apart.  After 48 hours on it last year lets just say it was like prepping for a colonoscopy.  I went to a local pharmacy and said, uh, I'm taking augmentin and am experiencing some GI disturbances, lol.  The lady pharmacist hurried from behind the counter and said you need to take some probiotics immediately or you will dehydrate.

I bought the CVS brand expensive one that has 4 strains of bacteria and 2 million bacteria per capsule.

I don't know how it works.  All I know is that I took my probiotic about 2 hours after I ate my breakfast and the augmentin and things slowed back down to normal.  

The last augmentin dose should be Friday morning.  As a kindness to my body, I will probably take a probiotic capsule once per day for a solid week after I stop the augmentin.  

Under healthy circumstances I don't take probiotics.

Respected Contributor

Image result for images spring birds

Honored Contributor

Lily of the valley

Bernie,  Thanks for the info on the probiotics.   I see them advertised on TV but never paid much attention to that.  Now I have an idea on how and what they do.   My doctors and pharmacy guys have never mentioned them to me.   I do know that antibiotics kill good germs and bad ones, not selective in who is knocked off for sure.  I don't like to take them and usually don't unless I am so sick I can't fight off whatever by myself.   

Take care at work and don't overdo.  Not too much longer on site for sure. Heart   Going to have a celebration???