Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for Shade at the Back Fence - August 2019

[ Edited ]

Good Morning all,

Freddie @Winifred  how are you doing with your radiation therapy?  Are you letting anybody drive you, even once in a while?  I pray for you first every morning Heart

I need to make a trip to the local Hallmark to pick up a couple of sympathy cards.  I'm a gold crown member and because it's my birthday month, they sent me a card for a discount and free coasters for the car cup holders Woman Happy  Might as well use the discount on some nice greeting cards.

Monday I received a text from one of my co-workers that another co-worker's mother passed away.  The co-worker who texted me and the co-worker who lost her Mom were the ones who scraped me off the floor when I was notified at work that my sister died (in 2016).  They drove me in my car to my middle sister's house so I could notify her.  Both of them are just 'good people'. Heart

I don't know why but yesterday morning I had a feeling that my cousin's viewing and my co-workers Mom's viewing were gonna collide.  I said, Lord let me find a way to attend both if that happens.

Wouldn't you know - within 30 minutes of each other yesterday in the 5 o'clock hour, I got a text that cousin's viewing in Friday 4 to 8 and co-worker's Mom's viewing is Friday 5 to 8.

I asked for a way and He gave it to me.  I'll swing past cousin's first (closer to my house) and then hustle downtown to co-worker's Mom's.  

Which reminds me, on the way back from Hallmark I need to fill my gas tank in the car.  Oh yea and I need to stop by the bank to get some decent looking cash for the sympathy cards.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good news here.My son"s biopsy came back negative for cancer!! We will find out tomorrow when his surgery will be.Thank you so much for all your prayers.Your caring has helped me so much.God bless you.

Honored Contributor

thank you so much for letting us know @hellie jo  continued prayers as he prepares for surgery Heart

Trusted Contributor

hellie,great news. Hope all goes well

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I had a dental appointment today for a cleaning and a small filling on a front tooth.  I thought that would be it for the year.  The hygienest tells me she found 3 things she wanted the dentist to check further.  Now I'm thinking to myself, what 3 things?  When I saw them in January, I said that after October my COBRA dental would be a thing of the past and I would likely have to buy lousy dental insurance like the rest of my fellow Americans.

I specifically asked to poke and prod everything because after October, there will be waiting periods.  If any teeth look like they can't wait until 2021, let's get them done.

I was told the only thing that needed to be addressed was replacing the 3 piece fixed bridge.

I did that and it was all done in April.

So, flash forward to August, my hygienist tells me my teeth are immaculate and she doesn't have to scale anything, just polish the teeth.

I wanna know, where did the 3 things comes from if I have good hygiene?

One was nothing.  One was a speck along the margin of a fairly new crown 2015.  Dentist says watch that one.  One was a crown needing replacement. 

Here's what gets my goat.  My dental insurance is as slow as molasses in January when it comes to pre-determination of crowns.  They don't let the dentist send in any supporting paperwork the first time.  If they don't think the crown needs to be replaced they'll reject the pre-determination.  Knowing that we took an x-ray and photo of the tooth today. 

This crown was done by my husband's dentist the one crazy time I decided to try him.  Don't know when however considering my husband is dead 12 years it had to be before that.

I don't care if I have to pay the copay.  This tooth will max out my very generous benefit (I'm spending every last dime).  I don't care if I have to pay a little more if it goes over.

My cost will be based on the 'approved' amount so I will see savings over provider charge.

I just wish they hadn't waited until August to say something about the tooth.  We could have addressed it in April or May.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  It's cooler, sunny and breezy here at my part of the back fence.  I'm leaving some butterscotch biscuits, fresh coffee and hot water for tea.

Image result for butterscotch biscuits

Respected Contributor

The weather here has been beautiful.Sun,temp in the 70"s with a breeze.Windows open!

@Bird mama  Thanks for the biscuits and tea.Sounds like you have a very happy family! Enjoy.

Have a great week-end all.

Honored Contributor

Hey Freddie @Winifred   Betty @yock  and @Epicurean 

Do you remember a poster named Joey?  There's a post from Joey in the Bird's Nest for August.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Bernie - you bet I remember her. She was one of us that were originals on that thread. Have not heard anyhthing from her in eons. So great to see her post.

Not a super sticky day - it was very nice and I froze last night - go figure. Now we know it is August so that was a teaser of sort.

Hope all had a great day

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yea, I figured that you or Betty would know her @Winifred   

It's been pretty nice the past few days and I've been able to sleep with the windows open.  I don't like being cold and I don't like the birds getting a draft so an inch or two is as far as I open the windows at night Woman Very Happy

The next chance for rain, if I'm lucky, is Tuesday.