Respected Contributor

Hi @haddon9 

My family's home where I grew up is in Cherry Hill off of Haddonfield/Berlin Rd.

Next to the development called UxBridge and across from Haddontowne. 

My childhood days and into my teen years were spent in Haddonfield. My dentists were there. Acme was there, everything - clothing stores were there...I wasn't a kid that hung at Eceleon or Cherry Hill Malls - just loved the mainstreet of Haddonfield.

I loved my days at CHerry Hill East too.

My parents are still there in Cherry Hill.

I'm in Fishtown (Philly) now....Frankford Avenue reminds me of Haddonfield a little bit so I live for strolling the avenue (well....not so much since the Covid impact - but this too will pass)

Enjoy your weekend & thanks for popping in. (I enjoy a good reminisce, from time to time).

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby   It's been so long...when my family moved to Cherry Hill in the mid 1960s from NY it was really booming with lots of developments. 

I attended Cherry Hill West and lived in Brandywoods off of Kings Highway....East had just opened and when I was a freshman the kids who were seniors were on split sessions since East was not completely opened at that time.

Yes I hung out at the mall which was close to my home and loved going into Haddonfield!  I love the big historic homes and the shopping area!

Wow!  Your parents are still there!  Mine moved to Fl in the early 90s and my kids are both living in Philly....I'm in Bucks Co.

Nice reminiscing with you! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Mombo1 

You are not alone.  I adore autumn and always have.

I have so much more energy and feel so much better when the air is crisp and cool.

Heat and humidity sap my energy, not to mention what they do to my hair.

@Witchy Woman   Oh yes... my hair is a lost cause until the fall arrives.   Looks like this week is going to be hot with high humidity.   So I will be a miserable crab with really flat hair..  Oh well......
Hopefully we will have an early fall.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Long, long days!!

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 

If I had all the time back I've spent on my hair, I'd be 25 instead of 69! Cat LOL

I have just the opposite problem...my naturally curly hair turns into a big frizz ball.  I've been having it smoothed for many years, but....decided to use this time to try to go back to my natural curls (which I used to love).

Every day, I look in the mirror and think "crazy cat lady" when I see my hair.

Since the time I was a teen, I longed for silky straight hair so I could be one of the "cool girls."  In my 30s, curly shags were popular and my hair was glorious.

Now, age, coloring, thinning have made me question if I really can get back to those glorious curls.  If I can get through until the autumn, I might be OK. 

Honestly, having it curly takes so much more time and effort!

Most days, it is just the definition of a "hot mess."  

Thankfully, no one but my husband sees me.  He said he likes it wild.  What else can he say?  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

My dog thinks it's bedtime when it starts getting dark.  In the winter, he starts begging for us to go to bed by 5:30-6pm.  When it's lighter, he is happy to be up and active/outside with me.

My dog also wakes up when the sun comes up which can be a downer.  Today, I managed to get him to stay in bed longer than he ever has.... until 5:50.  It's a good thing I'm a morning person.

Valued Contributor

I generally love the long days of summer. Nothing is the same this year though, and just watching the summer slip through my fingers is not fun. 

So bring on the shorter days. Maybe Christmas can still be what it should be!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I read the OP post and wonder why I have such a vast difference of opinion! I absolutely LOVE nice, warm, summer  L O N G days! Who on earth doesn't? It also drives me crazy when I see posts on here, year after year, about hating summer! Who hates summer? But I suppose it just a regional and way-of-life type of thing. I live in a cottage on a beautiful upper part of Michigan lake. Our summers a short. Our summers consists of boating, boating, boating! We live outside and we're out in the fresh air from morning until dusk. I love the heat and yes, I even love humidity! I feel very lucky to live where I do. Long live the long days of summer!!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I read the OP post and wonder why I have such a vast difference of opinion! I absolutely LOVE nice, warm, summer  L O N G days! Who on earth doesn't? It also drives me crazy when I see posts on here, year after year, about hating summer! Who hates summer? But I suppose it just a regional and way-of-life type of thing. I live in a cottage on a beautiful upper part of Michigan lake. Our summers a short. Our summers consists of boating, boating, boating! We live outside and we're out in the fresh air from morning until dusk. I love the heat and yes, I even love humidity! I feel very lucky to live where I do. Long live the long days of summer!!! Heart

@ID2  I like all seasons that's why I live where I do. I love change. However, I cannot stand hot hot weather. I need ac or to be on a beach. I'm sure you realize everyone is different, right? Humidity is not for me. Oh and btw, I grew up right on the water which included the bay, the river and the Atlantic Ocean. 

Honored Contributor

While at the coast in SoCal, we have temperate weather year-long, I do prefer to live in the dark (a very odd preference for someone who lives right near the beach and who, as a kid, spent most of my summers as a beach bum).

Now I prefer to coccoon. Even better is if it's accompanied by one of our not so common rainstorms.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Today is the first day of summer. It is the longest day of the year. The days will be getting shorter now, and each day there will be less light.

Enjoy the rest of the year.