Honored Contributor

cleaning the church

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor

If there was good ventilation, doors & windows open, keep 6 feet distance, mask. Sure.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess  - that's truly something that only you can answer, not us. It depends on so many factors that only you can possibly have knowledge of. But if it's troublesome enough to you that you're soliciting opinions from strangers, I think you already know the answer. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor
wow
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
wow

Wow, what? You asked for opinions. Mine is that this is not something to let random strangers with incomplete knowledge of the situation have a say in. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I think if you feel comfortable going to church when it reopens I don't see any difference in helping clean it. That's very nice of you. 

Esteemed Contributor

My husband cleans our church every week.  The main cleaning entails the bathrooms and the trash containers.  He does not sterilize all the pews each week.  It is 7 days between services and there is hand sterilizer and masks for those who want them upon entering.  I don't think the virus could live for 7 days on wood pews.  

Now, that being said, our church has a small membership.  As far as we know, they are social distancing the people in the pews.  My DH and I are not attending yet because I don't feel that comfortable being in one spot, inside, for that long wearing a mask.  We will be heading north in a few weeks.  We hope that when we retun in the fall we will be more comfortable attending again.

You have to do what you are comfortable doing.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

If you have more than one service on Sunday, do they sanitize pews between services?  Alternatively, if they're only seating in every other pew, I suppose they could open pews that were closed and close pews that were open in service one.