Honored Contributor

I revel in it!  I love it!  I live for this time of the year!  I feel so good and there is so much time to do things and be outside!  I am SOOO happy!

I hate fall and winter.  It depressed me.  It is awful.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Long, long days!!

[ Edited ]

My favorite season is winter preferably with lots of snow snow snow!!

Then fall which is wonderful too.

My next favorite is winter, then fall lol!

You know how there is seasonal affective disorder where people get really depressed in the "cold winter months?"

Well, I'm sure you've heard there is also the opposite to the long hot humid relentless sun seasons!

I used to love the summers when I was a kid because we spent them at Cape May Pt and I think the heat and humidity doesn't affect you as much when you are young busy swimming, bike riding, horseback riding, on carousels and Wildwood boardwalkSmiley HappyAnd at home we would run barefoot in the pouring rain.

My favorite weather is right before a storm where there is something exciting in the air and a cool breeze, nature getting ready. Not too hot or too cold.

I don't think I could ever live anywhere that didn't have the seasons because I know when my favorites come, I probably wouldn't appreciate them as much unless we had spring (ok the flowers and robins are pretty) and summer too (and I admit its nice not to have to wear anything else but a top and bottom, cotton pj's will do too!Woman LOL)

I really enojoyed reading everyone's posts!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Long, long days!!

[ Edited ]

and one more thought-

I used to get depressed a lot in the spring because it seems everyone is saying oh new life so pretty and you are suppoed to be so cheery, but what if you are not?!

Rainy mud and still cold days. I mean how not nice is that?!

Though there is looking forward to seeing the deer and new chipmonks and othersSmiley Happy

And there was some wonderful springs riding down the prettiest street with my mother and she would name all the flowering trees.

Ok, that is crazy I know.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

and one more thought-

I used to get depressed a lot in the spring because it seems everyone is saying oh new life so pretty and you are suppoed to be so cheery, but what if you are not?!

Rainy mud and still cold days. I mean how not nice is that?!

Though there is looking forward to seeing the deer and new chipmonks and othersSmiley Happy

And there was some wonderful springs riding down the prettiest street with my mother and she would name all the flowering trees.

Ok, that is crazy I know.

@on the bay, move over, then, because I'm joining you on the crazy chair.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 -LOL!

ahh thank you!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago, I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Norway. We happened to be there on the first day of summer. That meant there would never be a true sunset. What I didn't know is that the summer solstice was a chance for Norwegians to drink themselves silly and carry on all night. I did not get a moment's sleep. On the other hand, I spent another June 21 in Paris, where the celebration is all about music. You can walk all over the city and hear beautiful music. I didn't get much sleep that night either.

Honored Contributor

Well, it's the 21st - first day of summer and longest day.  After this, it will slowly get shorter, so I am happy about that.  Summer - not so much.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I like cozy Fall and Winter evenings and not long humid days that lead into humid nights. I dont mind when it gets dark early  at all! Woman LOL

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller