Respected Contributor

I'll take all of the daylight and sunshine that I can get!  I live on the far western edge of the eastern time zone, so this time of year it's light until nearly 10 PM . Sunrise is right around 6 AM, making 7 AM tee times highly coveted. I absolutely love it! The more time I can spend outdoors, the better. Nothing is more depressing to me than those winter days where it doesn't get light until after 8 AM and is dark again by 4:30 PM. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

It's light here in southwestern PA from 5:45AM 'til 9:15 PM.  I don't like it that light that late in the evening.  Wish they'd do away with daylight savings time.  

Honored Contributor

I am so looking forward to it getting darker sooner. Love having my candles and sconces on in the evening after dinner. I relax much more in fall and winter with the shorter days.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind the temporary longer days, temporary being the operative word.

I too enjoy the fall the most, changing colors in the leaves, a brisk breeze and first smells of wood fireplaces in New England.   All I need now is my glass of wine Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

In my perfect world I would like it to get dark around 8:00 p.m. & light about 7:00a.m.. The temperature would be 72 degrees for six months & a little cooler, 50 maybe for three months. The other three months we would have a winter holiday!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1 

You are not alone.  I adore autumn and always have.

I have so much more energy and feel so much better when the air is crisp and cool.

Heat and humidity sap my energy, not to mention what they do to my hair.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Newgate 

Personally, I love long bright summer days with late sundowns....always have.

Funny though, when they begin to get noticably shorter and the cicada and crickets start buzzing - the change in the air is palpable.

I feel like you can smell Fall nipping at the suntanned heels of Summer....that is the time of year I always get a bit sad. Nostalgic as well.

Kinda like when I was a kid and it meant Summer was over and SCHOOL (blech) was right around the corner.

No more going down the shore, no more hanging out at Haddontowne Pool, no more biking through Haddonfield all day....no more anything fun.....

@MoonieBaby  Always loved Haddonfield!  I grew up in Cherry Hill. 

In our first house DH and I lived on Haddon Ave. ...it's my nic since I needed a name here when I first signed up 15 years ago and it just popped into my head to use that! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Newgate   I know I am in the minority...but I have never been a summer person.  I love the fall and wish it could last 6 months.  Cooler weather and shorter days just feel better to me.   So no you are not alone....

You are not alone, either!  I absolutely abhor summer/heat and even get dragged down when it's relentlessly sunny.    I always figure I'm alone in much of that, especially loving cloudy/overcast weather.  Smiley Happy

I have always hated the heat but it affects me even more negatively since I ended up with an autoimmune disorder.  If I'm out in the heat (and that actually means 60F or above now) for more than a couple of minutes I start turning purple and falling out.  Consequently, I hate the heat even more than I always did.

I am very distressed that we are getting less and less cold/winter weather where I live, over the recent years.   We used to have cool to cold weather from Sept through April and often beyond.   Now, we have more hot weather than cold.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Long, long days!!

[ Edited ]

I can't take the humid and sizzle of summer  Smiley Sad  I love it when the humidity leaves and the weather gets cool.  I can actually go outside and life begins again ... Smiley Happy.  Nights are romantic and night begins when the sun starts to set.  Of corse I'm old now but still love the romance of night  Heart.

Esteemed Contributor

Long ago and far away...

Did not realize how long days and summer vacation used to mean family time until this year.  A sad thing.