Honored Contributor

I've read so many posts on this forum about positive thinking/thoughts, and threads where posters dare you to say negative things, I found this quote the other day and I thought it was very fitting on how I personally feel some days:

Image may contain: text

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lessons Learned in Life:

[ Edited ]

I'm all for being human. I do believe life is a whole lot of physics - seen and unseen. The energy we put out; we naturally attract. When life is tough, we have enough emotional inteligence in reserve to work through it. Husband shared with daughter this week -- Native Americans teach we have two wolves that growl in our lives and we have to decide which to feed. Positive or Negative. Too often we feed the wolf growling the loudest. I re-learn this every day. Yesterday was a strange day. Long week, tired, and had given to a lot of people in general. Someone borrowed my car and lost my keys. I went to bed in a bad mood. Sometime between then and waking, I recharged and got back on the rails. Today's a new day. All good. Growing up in a negative home -- this way of thinking helped restore my hope. I'm a fan.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I like that a lot.  It's so very true.  It's similar to what my mom used to say.  It was something like; we're human and it's perfectly ok to have bad feelings.  It's what you DO with those bad feelings that matters.  

Respected Contributor

On a bad day this helps me....

Image result for contentment is not

Respected Contributor

@Hooty ...just wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you and hope you are feeling better and having less and less pain. I totally agree with your post.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer , thank you my friend!  I think of you often, as well, and hope things are working out for you!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Hooty 

Me too!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Sometimes I have to remind my husband of that fact ..." I'm only human "

Esteemed Contributor

All emotions are merely fleeting thoughts.  They never require any action.  You can choose the action however.

I had a yoga instructor once who used to tell us to tune out the two idiots talking to each other in our heads.  She was right.

Honored Contributor

....yes, @Hooty  .  Living our lives authentically means acknowledging our shadow selves and challenging times.