Honored Contributor

Lesson On How To Read People

Occasional Contributor

Lesson On How To Read People

Foxxee, thank you for sharing.   

"Take a long hard look and see

what they show you the first time.

That's who they are.  Believe it."

Though, I think many of us would like to see the best in people.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lesson On How To Read People

@Foxxee   I always appreciate your posts.  I think often what people see in others tells me a lot about themselves.

Honored Contributor

In a few instances that may be true, but until you see a person dealing with all of life's "ups and downs" you don't really know who a person is.

Many first dates go well then a few weeks or months later "tank"!

Valued Contributor

Very true, and you can see someone's true character in the way they treat people in the service industry. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are a few people, who I'd call "deep" and it takes a while to see the patterns of how they behave, what they say, and other small things that allow you to put together how they behave and prefer to be treated.  Slow, gentle hands and a good listener is needed. JMHO

I understand what the original post is about though.  I do agree.

Honored Contributor

Thank you!  I think that's very good.  I know I have been guilty of seeing what I want to see instead of what is really there.  And taking a long time to finally realize it!  I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt and giving many chances, but at some point, you have to accept the reality and move on...... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I always thought that you can find out alot about someone if you travel with them or have them put Christmas lights on a tree....LOL

Honored Contributor

I have had a friend for an unusually long over 50 yrs....pregnant together with our oldests.

At first she seemed more superficial and didn't open up about feelings, etc. As friendship progressed, she felt more comfortable getting deeper.

First impressions may not be accurate. Take time before judgements.

Super Contributor

Yes! My 23 yr old son son recently had a job interview, and the boss held it at a Starbucks. My son's coffee order got messed up and he was patient and kind with the barista. He got the job! The boss told him later that she held the interview there because she used to work as a server, and it shows a lot about a person how they treat servers, and she only wanted to hire smart AND NICE people.