Trusted Contributor
Re: Back Fence for July wrapped in Red, White and Blue with our beloved flag waving in the breeze!
Options
8 hours ago

how great to see you, Queen. Glad you are here to make the fence festive. Our family and some other friends all went to a Tin Caps game last night. My son in law had rented a box so we could sit under shelter and still be in open air. Plus the fact that there were hamburgers and hot dogs with all the trimmings. Three of our four year old great grands were there lapping up all the attention and also eating the saltiest popcorn I've ever tasted. That called for ice cream a little later. The weather was perfect and the kids love it when the inflatables come out and do their thing on the field. This is our minor league baseball team. After the game, which we unfortunately lost. They had fireworks. The parents took the little ones down on the field to see them better and Merle and I made an exit. We had parked clear around to the front so had a walk but it was a nice night for a stroll. Made it to the car and off towards home before the rest of the stadium emptied. When we got home, the whole neighborhood must of been setting fireworks off because it was like driving through thick fog. This morning 13 of us went to the Cracker Barrell for breakfast and Merle and I are just relaxing now. Fun weekend!
Honored Contributor
Boy am I aggravated. I got the birds settled for the night and sat down to make out checks for the house payment and renewal of license tabs for my (formerly DH's) car. I did grocery shopping today and cut the grass in hot weather today so I could sit on my rear and veg out on my day off tomorrow.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor
Posting using my phone, so splitting my rant (lol). So I'm looking at the license tab renewal kerap that came in the mail and I see an insert about a new state law requiring replacement of license plates ever 10 years. So I'm wracking my brains trying to remember how old the specialty save our lighthouse plate is. Then I think, Bernie, if the plate was under 10 years old, they probably would not have included the insert.
Honored Contributor
I go and take the license plate off the car. It's perfect, no rust. Car is kept in garage and rarely driven since 2010. I am not paying $94 renewal fee and another $35 for a new lighthouse plate. The renewal paper shows $94 that already includes the $10 extra fee, so if I try to buy a new, bland boring Michigan plate for $5 via mail and send in $89 instead of $94 + $5, something will get lost in translation. This means I get to start my morning at the Secretary of State. Grrrrrr.
Honored Contributor
I voted for my governor, but the guy is getting greedy.
Regular Contributor

Good morning all! Hope this Monday morning finds everyone feeling well. I awoke to a beautiful sunny day. Only two kitties showed up this morning. This seems to happen periodically and we are hoping that she has found a permanent home and just comes by here to say hi to us and let us know all is well in her world. These ferrel cats sure have a mind of their own.

It's so nice to see new names here at the Back Fence. I know you must know each other from other threads, but it'll be nice for me to get to know you. I love your names by the waySmiley Happy and always wonder how they came about.

Way to go Freddie! Everyone's able to fend for themselves and you are no maid! But you  sure need to eat, especially when you have such busy days. But despite not eating as you should you still have good BP and healthy eyes which is so good to know! Hope you like the grandson dr. as well as his granddad.

I wish this new program allowed one to read all of the post's so as to respond, but apparently it does not as I sure can't remember all that I've read, so will have to get used to it I guess.

Happy Monday all! Sue

Honored Contributor

Sue, there is a way to see the entire post.

When you click reply to any post, scroll down and look below the left bottom corner of the text box.

You should see "View discussion in a popup".

If you click on this, another window will open with the entire thread.  Granted, you will need to toggle between two windows.......

They don't make it easy :-)

Respected Contributor

Hi Birdmama.........I hope that you get the car situation straightened out!  What a mess.  Just when you think you have it all figured out they change the rules. 

I tried what you told Sue and could not get back to my already started reply.  I will have to play with it some more.  Thanks for the instructions.

Respected Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Hi Sue........not sure if you remember me but I use to post here as NHlady and before that as Pinki and that was way back when.......lol.   Glad to hear that the ferrel cats stop by your house and hoping that the one that you mentioned has found a good home and is just stopping by to let you know.  Today is a hot one but am not complaining because it has been a cool summer so far.  Have a nice rest of the day.

Respected Contributor

Hi Yock........glad to hear that you had a fun weekend!   We love the Cracker Barrel.  Hope that you had a great time there and enjoyed the food and the company.