Honored Contributor

I survived the secretary of state visit.  I don't know why they sometimes try to make you feel stupid when you ask valid questions.

It's done and only needed a new sticker this time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Birdmama ......glad to hear that you only needed a sticker.  I do not understand why they always have to make things so complicated.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, birdmama!  this option makes reading the thread so much easier!  Heart

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hello all - I'm back to work after a wonderful extended holiday weekend.   I don't think I could have asked for better weather. 

Last night, the humidity started to increase so I closed up the windows and kicked on the A/C.  Rain is forecasted for the day - I drove in and experienced some spotty showers.  I hope we don't get severe storms or anything :-(.

That's about all I have for now, lol.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

After a nice Holiday weekend I too am back to work but thankfully from my home office.  DH is outside mowing the grass trying to beat the storms and the rain.  They are predicting storms and rain on and off throughout the day.

Birdmama....... the humidity went up here last night also.  I heard the AC go on in the middle of the night and that has not happened in a long time.  Summer has finally arrived here.

I have a doctors follow up appointment this afternoon so I guess I better get back to work.

After a long weekend filled with food I decided to just bring some refreshing iced tea for everyone!  I did bring both regular and decaf. 

Have a great day everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Hello the Back Fencers - I'm leaving a carrot cake because today is the day that I celebrate Grayson's birthday.  I don't know the exact date of his birth, so I celebrate on the day he 'found' me - July 8th.  (edited to add - today is his 6th)

Image result for carrot birthday cake

Here's a recent picture of Grayson

009.JPG

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday Grayson - thanks for sharing your BD cake. Luvs, the tea is a great go with.

I envy those of you having rain, my goodness, what a blessing that would be.

Not suppose to be as hot as we have been having and that is great. Last couple days were a good 10 degrees lower - occasionally it dropped even lower. That does NOT mean, however, that we had a cool day.

My house is FULL although so far I have escaped most of the confusion. Shannon brought back with she, Davey and Tessa, Davey's two little sisters for the night. Just what I needed. Well they are neat little kids and they wanted to come - they have spent the night here on quite a few occasions through the years so it was ok. At least they arrived at bedtime. LOL.

Hope all have a great day.

Trusted Contributor
Happy Birthday Grayson.

Haven't seen any rain yet this morning but can smell it. Freddie you take the coming and going of guests at your house easier than I could. That's why the kids love to come I would guess.
Not much on the agenda for today. I have two loads of wash to do and that should catch me up for a day. for two people we seem to use a lot of clothes.
Merle's been sneezing and sneezing. Pollen count must be high. He insists on Using hankies because tissue isn't strong enough. When he mentioned hanky the other day his Grands wanted to know what a hanky was lol
Respected Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY GRAYSON!  Thanks for sharing the beautiful carrot cake!  Birdmama, what does  Grayson actually eat?  he is precious!  I love the cute look on his face in the pic.

Winifred......I wish I could send some rain your way.  It is going ot rain here any minute.  We are still in a drought so I am not complaining.   I can see the rain coming in through the mountains and thank goodness I do not see any lightening.  Time sure has gone by fast.  I thought by now that you would have had an empty house but instead there are more kiss then I remember.  Do some still live with you?  I hope that you are feeling better and that you are taking care of yourself.

Yock.......  I too wonder where all the laundry comes from when there are just the two of us.  I laughed out loud when you mentioned that your Grands asked what a hanky is Woman LOL 

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Regular Contributor

Happy Birthday, Grayson, you handsome bird! You have a great mama who loves and cares for you. OK, let's eat!

Betty, Merle and Jim are on the same page: Jim's a hanky kind of guy too.  I had to smile at the question of your grandson as Jim had a similar experience except it occurred at Walmart when Jim pulled out his bright red 'railroad' hanky and some little kid asked him what it was. He got quite a kick out of it.

Sorry about his sneezing. I sympathize with him as I've been coughing nearly non stop for days. My neck and ribs are so sore I feel like I've been in a car wreck.

We've had so much rain the past few days Jim has not been able to mow and rain is forecast today as well and we moved here because the humidity was low.........sure hasn't been low this yearSmiley Sad

Oh, my luvs, to be able to see the mountains must be wonderful! Our 'view' is the house across the street!Smiley Wink

Got a call last night from  a dear friend we've known for many years and he updated us on all our friends in Calif. as well as him and his family. It's always nice to catch up with friends.

Freddie, sounds like your patience is wearing pretty thin as mine would be under similar circumstances.  Hope you can continue to avoid the drama.  Also hope your weather cools and rain will come for that dry state.

Has anyone heard from Epi? Sure do miss her and meuw too.

Happy Hump Day all! Sue