Honored Contributor

Happy Fourth of July Fencers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Hi Winifred ........  I am so glad that you remember me.  I always loved hearing about Ca. and all the beautiful flowers that you have there.  I also remember that you had something that always grows in your backyard and it is thorny and you have to cut it down every year.  Is this the time of the year that you have to take care of it?

What a shame that you have to go to the laundromat to get the bedding stuff done.  I hope the drought ends soon for you.  We are in a drought here too but nothing like what Ca. has.  We have a well so we have to conserve too.  We have had a couple of rain storms but still are in need of some more rain.

Thank you for all the information on Cataract Surgery.  I am going to my eye doctor for the surgery and it is done in a surgical room at his office.  I thought he said that you are pretty much awake and that they give you some Valium to relax you.  I just wanted to be sure because I cannot take certain drugs because they make me very sick.  Not sure about Valium as I have never taken it but I will check when I go to get fitted for the lens.  I am glad to hear that there is not a long recuperation time because we want to go away and I really want to be here during the recuperation time.  That is good that it is not a long time.  I had to cancel the lens fitting this past Wed. because I was sick but I go at the end of the month.  Thanks again Winifred.  You have made my day!

We have the thorny, I call them prickly/sticky, weeds that can grow very tall with wide leaves which are too painful to pull with bare hands, big ones have to be dug out, and we have the dreaded foxtails which look like wheat when growing but have sharp points and fan out, which once entered into anything are almost impossible to get out, and these I hate with a passion.  I am constantly pulling them, though by now there aren't that many left.  I make sure that the pup's "patch" is cleaned out because they can get in between their toes, in their ears, and even work their way into an animal's organs. 

Respected Contributor

mousiegirl.....sorry to hear that the leak is yours.  Hoping that you do not get a big fat bill for it.  I hope that today is much quieter for you and your family. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Winifred.....yes Foxtails.  I remember you saying that they a very hard on the four legged friends feet but I also remember that it is a hard job getting rid of them every year.   Thank goodness the four legged friends have you!  Take care Winifred.

Respected Contributor

mousiegirl...... oh no so you have them too!  I remember Winifred talling us about them in the past and how terrible they are.  Why is it that the things we want to grow sometimes don't and the ones we dislike that are harmful come back constantly.  Glad to hear that you too are on top of getting rid of them.

Respected Contributor

Dropping by the Back Fence to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July.  I am leaving some iced tea with lemon and a tray of Apple Fritters!

Have a safe and good 4th everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

Here are some fruit sticks.  I told you all I am not good in the kitchen (lol).

Respected Contributor

Birdmama.......what a great idea for the 4th.  I never would have thought of doing something like that.  Fruit is always nice and refreshing!

Regular Contributor

Now I'm in the right place Woman Happy I was feeling so lost without my BF buddies so glad you found me!

Wow, I like all the lawn furniture and a frig too! We are cookin' on the front burner now!  Thanks Bernie for the festive new Back Fence.

When Jim got up this morning he put a roast in the Nesco as we wanted to come home and eat. After worship services and a little jaunt to see something we'd been told about, we came home and I fixed gravy and mashed potatoes to go with the roast. Twas nice to just come home and eat and relax as my allergies have been giving me fits. I am so tired of coughing and constantly blotting my nose.

So nice to see new names (to me at least) and hope you'll stop by the fence often.

Happy Sunday all! Sue

Honored Contributor

Sue, I am so glad that you found the thread.  :-)