Occasional Contributor

Is anyone else tired of winter and looking forward to spring?

[ Edited ]

I sure am. I'm tired of being cooped up (also due to covid), I'm tired of the messy, bedraggled yards and gardens, I'm tired of melty, sloppy snow and the COLD.

I'm SO looking forward to a run of a few nice days so I can run out into my yard and plant my yellow pink bulbs. I have the world's nicest neigbors and when I mentioned I like tulips she's given me a bunch every winter. I was so touched when she said she thinks of us as grandparents since her family is in India.

I can't get over to see my son and his family--they live on a very steep hill and even with 4-wheel drive it's hard for us to get together so our Christmas visit had to be on skype--at least we were able to see and talk to them and enjoy our granddaughter opening her presents from us.

Oh well, when it's 90 degres next summer and we're running the A/C 24 hours a day, we'll look back wistfully and wish for 65 degree days and 25 degree nights Woman Wink

Super Contributor

Re: Is anyone else tired of winter and looking forward to spring?

I was just thinking today that I wished for warmer weather. It's so cold. Although we haven't had any snow yet, we are forcasted to have snow and ice this weekend for our area in SC. Smiley Surprised Back in December we had highs in the 60s and 70s. I miss that. That was nice weather. Well, it is winter, but I still look forward to spring. 

Honored Contributor

I'm in Colorado and we haven't even had any kind of winter to speak of. Just a smidgen of snow and the rest of the time it has been so warm that it's almost a joke. So NO, I'm not ready for spring ...not yet! I love snow. Gimme snow!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I am. But Seriously, It only started like 3 weeks ago!  We've got a long way to go...

Esteemed Contributor

Our NE PA winter wasn't too bad until a few days ago when temps really fell w/a wind chill.

Starting tomorrow night we are under a wind chill advisory until Sat. afternoon. Could feel like minus 10. Then to add to it the old biddy, Mother Nature, is sending a snow storm for Monday.

It had to be Monday of course, DD has off and we were planning a day trip Mon. 

I never minded freezing cold or blistering heat when in my younger days now, I am too old for extremes.

It will be nice to see my daffodils pop up though.

Honored Contributor

I have been tired of winter for decades.  I have been REALLY tired of it since October 2020 when we had a gigantic ice storm.

I get tired of it every September when the days get shorter and I know it's on the horizon.  

Esteemed Contributor

We've had some cold temperatures here, but only a dusting of snow so far. The past few days have been near 40, so it hasn't been much of a winter. I can't be tired of something that hasn't happened. Maybe check back in a month or so. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I'm not tired of winter yet.  I'm trying to live in the present.  The seasons fly by way too fast for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Not at all!  Love sitting by the fireplace reading or knitting in my cozy PJs, or settling down to a good movie and popcorn.  Winter is a time to relax (other than that darn shoveling).  Give me the clean fresh outdoor air and a crisp walk.  Don't miss sweating in the humidity zapping my energy, the bugs and mosquitoes. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm in Colorado and we haven't even had any kind of winter to speak of. Just a smidgen of snow and the rest of the time it has been so warm that it's almost a joke. So NO, I'm not ready for spring ...not yet! I love snow. Gimme snow!   

I'm with @SilleeMee .  Except for a couple short periods, it has been 10° above average almost every day.  We've had some of the terrific winds we normally have in Spring, which should be a storm harbinger, but nothing else happens.  No sign of snow; I'm still waiting for winter and dreading summer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment