Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else tired of winter and looking forward to spring?

Not at all. Here in desert, this is the best time of the year. 

Respected Contributor

Yep over it. We have had about eh...10 days so far of cold weather (well in the 40's and a few 30's) and I'm ready for hazy, hot, humid and thick.  My hubs and I sit out until late at night and we aren't happy unless we sweat when sitting only.  Have already had snow and I hope I don't see it again for another few years. I don't like being in the house and winter forces me inside because I loathe anything below 75.

Honored Contributor

I get tired of winter before it even starts. I hate cold weather.  If I lived somewhere where winters were not so cold, I would like them better.

I don't mind the heat.

Honored Contributor

Noooooooooo. I hate summer.
Honored Contributor

WV is just starting to see winter.   We had over a foot of snow last week; came fast, left fast.  It's been cold, but January is normally cold.  

We are in the direct path of the storm that's sweeping from the Midwest to the Northeast, so things could get interesting around here on Sunday into Monday.   As long as I can stay inside, I'm ready for whatever.   

Regular Contributor

YES!  And I'm in Arizona!!

Respected Contributor

I live in Florida so the only bearable enjoyable part of the year is winter.   There is no spring here anymore just goes right to hot.  

Honored Contributor

I can't stand winter --- at all!  Yeah, it looks pretty when you are inside looking out the window and you see a coating of nice, fresh white snow, but that's about it!  I can't stand the cold and when the snow starts piling up, it's miserable!  And the winter months just go on and on --- seemingingly endless!  For those of us who are older and have a hard time digging out, it's really a challenge and a big worry!  I don't do well in extreme weather - whether it's hot or cold -- but I usually don't complain too much about the warm weather months because it is so much easier to take!  You can go in and out when you want -- no worries about the unsafe sidewalks or roads --- you don't have to dig yourself out --- you don't have to shovel rain or sunshine --- you can sit outside and enjoy the flowers and birds and scenery!  Spring and summer --- I can't wait!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I live in the Los Angeles area, this winter we have had an unusual cold spell for 3-4 weeks straight, low 60's during the day and low 40's at night, we're not used to this kind of weather, we don't have the actual four seasons to speak of, you usually dress depending on how the weather is first thing when you wake up.

I prefer the cooler weather, not looking forward to the summer months at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dislike winter.  Currently I am in a warmer climate with a girl friend.  It was nice to fly from the cold weather and to arrive in a warmer climate.  It has not been overly hot, just nice where I am.

I have talked to my husband and it has not been really cold at home but 75 degrees is better than 30 degrees.  My vacation is coming to an end, I am heading home in the morning.