Respected Contributor

Re: Invites to 'Home' Parties

Gosh, I didn't know people still did house parties.  I haven't been to one in over 20 years and don't think they are done now in my area.  I hated them.

Respected Contributor

Earlier this year, one of my neighbors hosted a Pampered Chef party. I was really surprised because she is in her late 60's. But I went, she had a big turnout, but very few people bought anything. We all kept saying, we don't need anymore kitchen gadgets.

Not one person booked a party either.

Trusted Contributor

I get invited to these sorts of parties all the time.  No one cares if you don't go!  I only go if I might buy something.  No reason to attend if you aren't going to make a purchase.  They just invite everyone they know because the hostess gets a cut of the sales, and the more people that attend, the better the cut.  So if you don't want to buy anything, just decline.  They could care less, and I think they'd be more annoyed if half the attendees didn't buy anything.

Trusted Contributor

@JJsMom..........Do you really think "IT WORKS" is a scam?   that is so silly, just look at the sales personnel and then at the buyers!  It makes me crazy.Little people buy, larger people sell. I have a very large friend who sells it , seems to have gained weight. 

I sold Tupperware years ago and went to one of those RAH_RAH ralllys and laughed at the fact so many people believed the people that made 5,000,10,000,15,000 DOLLARS A WEEK!!!!  I ended up losing a bunch of money and gave the Tupperware to the Goodwill.    P.S.  you can wrap Saran Wrap around your waist, do exercises and sweat and look like you lost, but you really don't.

Esteemed Contributor

I did more than my fair share of home "parties "in my 20's and 30's.  I have NO INTENTION of ever going to another one again. Any time someone begins to talk about having one, I tell them I have sworn them off and I have too much "stuff" as it is!