Honored Contributor

I'm having a "meltdown"😢

I know I am very fortunate to only be "stay at home" order for 3 weeks but it feels like months.

My heart goes out to those who are now moms/dads & teachers, parents, working from home & more...

yet, I am having a "moment" today.  I am easygoing but today I lost my temper,  barked at GD on Skype and just in general am "cranky".

I'm sick of listening to news all day (spouse watches 24/7🙄).

I take my walks, go to pool (and keep my distance), clean my house, cook, etc. everyday.

I'm longing to get back to normal everyday things ...not that they were that exciting but it was my routine.  Biggest one is going to my fav restaurant for lunch.

I'm really missing "social interactions"!

Weighing on my mind is not being able to return home to NJ.  I miss family more now than ever!

Looking forward to being able to get a change of scenery and go to the park fora nice long walk to clear my mind.

I pray this is over soon for all of us!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm having a "meltdown"😢

@homedecor1 So sorry; I feel for you!  I'm sick of it, too.  I was very upset today to learn that my hair salon was opening but my hairdresser would not be there yet.  So I am ready to tear my hair out!

We're going on 7 weeks here...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1

I'm glad it's not just me.

I found myself not as patient as usual, and irritated with things or people that I normally wouldn't be.

When I think of not having to worry about the virus, and going out without worry, I feel happy, but then when I think of the reality of what this virus can do, it is depressing.

And we all face not knowing when and how it will end. Not knowing is

hard to deal with for months.

It also surprises me people's different reactions to this. Some really believing this is not a big deal where they live and not "social distancing" at all, just starting to live like there is no virus at all.

And then those who have experienced it first hand or just plain worried about getting it or giving it to family or friends without even knowing.

Can't think of it all day or will go crazy. I'm lucky to have family I see every day. We've been operating as one family til we feel safe enough to change that.But I wonder like so many, when I will be able to see my other family that I can't right now.

It is impossible not to think of how this affects so many that have it like a nightmare every day-first responders, those stuck on cruise ships like animals,people lined up for food with no income coming in worrying about how they will pay for anything, anyway, we all know this.

My bil said it is like living in a science fiction movie.

It is good to be able to "talk" to each other about it.

I am encouraged by the hope of a new medication, a vaccine, all the scientists that are working day and night.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

As someone who has many friends who I socialize with, I understand how you feel.  I too miss social interaction.  However, I keep in touch with friends and family by phone and e-mails and it does give me a lift.  We do manage to laugh and have fun despite being isolated.

It is normal for all to feel grumpy, angry, sad, stressed, on edge during this time. It is frightening and wishing for relief and most of all a vaccine is everyone's hope.

It seems like a much longer time we have been quarantined.  But I believe sacrificing to bring numbers down and live is a small price to pay.  The lose of so many lives, more than any other country is tragic and has taken a toll on this country.  Stay strong and do what you must to save your life and the lives of others. That is the bottom line.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  ~

Thank You for your post.  You expressed how I feel.  Being able to read it...  Well, I don't feel so alone... Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

I would count your blessings.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, feel better @homedecor1. I made the decision not to stay home & it's the right one for me. The only thing I really miss is being with my family, that continues to be difficult & frustrating.

Occasional Contributor

I know this is a different life routine than we are accustomed to, but we have been isolating our animals for a lot of years. We lock them up in cages for days, weeks, even years, and the only time they get out is when we let them out; and we get upset when they act out! Someone goes to the pound to look at some dogs and ask "why is that dog barking, or why is that dog behaving like he is crazy"! We cannot even be isolated to our own house with the ability to go outside without going crazy, but we expect all the animals we have locked up in cages for months on end to behave normal. Humans take wild animals out of their natural habitat and lock them up in little cages so people can pay to look at them, and no one seems to think this should alter the animals behavior! People take horses and lock them up in small box stalls with no pasture to run for years and get mad when they act out! I just pray that during these difficult times people open their eyes to hopefully improving our world, and making it a kinder place for all of God's creatures (2 legged and 4 legged)!!

This is not directed towards anyone just wanted to put this out there for people to think about.

Honored Contributor

I hate to say I told you so but on a couple of older posts I stated that keeping people prisioner will make them squirrely.  This is why there HAS to be some lifted restrictions or we will be a nation of fruitcakes.

Of coure (if I remember right) my posts about this was ignored and am sure people already thought I was nuts.

Im with all of you and Im getting nutty by not being able to socialize and have to freedom to go or stay.

Thank goodness my hubby does not watch news 24/7.  I would have probably left by now.

This is NOT a nasty or critizing post but one of total sympathy, understanding and feelings shared.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find myself humming the Frank Sinatra song 'That's Life'.