Honored Contributor

Re: I'm having a "meltdown"😢

I totally understand and feel the same way.  I haven't had a "meltdown" yet but instead I find myself getting very depressed from time to time which is so hard to snap out of.  There are days where I get very little done and sleep more than I should.

I also miss seeing family & friends.  Seeing them via skype is not the same as being there in person.  I want to hug my kids.  I wanted to go to Florida to visit my mother but don't know when I'll be able to now.

I miss my old routine....I too miss being able to go out to lunch often with friends....I miss just the regular things that I did that I took for granted.

Usually this time of year I look forward to nice weather and all the family occasions where we get together from birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's & Father's Days, summer vacations and beach outings....I'm afraid none of that will happen this year.

Yet I feel so selfish because I'm comfortable in a nice house and don't have to worry about work, paying bills and where my next meal will come from.

I just hope and pray this ends sooner rather than later for all of us!

Esteemed Contributor

DH works in a hospital. Patients still coming in. this office is by the morgue. 

that is depressing

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I hate to say I told you so but on a couple of older posts I stated that keeping people prisioner will make them squirrely.  This is why there HAS to be some lifted restrictions or we will be a nation of fruitcakes.

Of coure (if I remember right) my posts about this was ignored and am sure people already thought I was nuts.

Im with all of you and Im getting nutty by not being able to socialize and have to freedom to go or stay.

Thank goodness my hubby does not watch news 24/7.  I would have probably left by now.

This is NOT a nasty or critizing post but one of total sympathy, understanding and feelings shared.

@Imaoldhippie  You hit the nail on the head with "freedom".  It's one thing to wake up in the morning and think.....I guess I'll stay home today, as opposed to.......think I'll go shopping today, go to the movies, get my hair cut........oh wait, that's right, I'm not allowed to.  Quite a difference!!  It's called FREEDOM!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   Sorry you are having a tough time.  I think this is normal considering the situation.  I am generally a happy person but last weekend I literally sobbed all day.  Very unlike me but I just called a friend and we chatted for awhile.  She cried too as she had a granddaughter born on April 2 and hasn't been able to see the baby other than in photos and facetime.  She so wants to hold that baby!   I am not a grandmother but I miss my adult kids immensely and my fur grandbabies, cannot see them as they are both working (essential jobs) and have to keep their distance. 

We were supposed to be on a riverboat cruise right now (would have flown out yesterday) in Portugal with my best friend I called last weekend and our hubbies.  Sounds a bit selfish but I am very disappointed about it, God willing we can go next year.   We have been on lockdown since the middle of March so yes, this is getting old, very old......I am hopeful though that RI will be lifting the restrictions on May 8th!   I will go out and I will be cautious.   I understand it is a serious matter but I want to live my life and see the people I love.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am beginning to feel the pressure of our lockdown as well...while we have been able to go into our office on occasion, there is nothing much to do...we have had a few orders but not enough to sustain us.

Today I called my congressman's office, who has no control on the state level but did try to express my views and the frustration about no assistance for our small business.  We had a nice chat but I was almost in tears before the call ended.. I am really worried about our business and am sick and tired of cleaning the house and trying to find busy work.  DH is having a more difficult time.

We (his representative) discussed the concern over the massive spending that is going on I did feel a bit better but our state lockdown has been extended..no open date given, but retail (May 12) and manufacturing can open....makes no sense, but again congressman has no say over what the governor does.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  "Biggest one is going to my fav restaurant for lunch."

They are not doing take-out and/or curb side service?  Delivery?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find it amazing and upsetting that we are such a divided nation.

From some feeling like they are not allowed to do what they want and are having their freedoms taken away;

to those who are watching people die every day and unable to help them,

or watching bodies pile up; to ordinary people afraid that if they walk out of their house into a store, they could end up dying from it too;

and those who feel they will do what is needed for not just themselves but everyone. Don't you all think that is sad and disturbing that there are such opposite opinions for something that affects us all in such life and death ways? 

I guess in a perfect world, we would all want the best solutions for all.

and also that there would be good solutions for all!

edited to add-I meant to include the many who don't have enough to eat maybe for the first time because they lost their job, and those worried about losing their business- it's sad for everyone.

But for those who don't believe there is a risk especially thinking its no longer necessary to be cautious and safe, or that they have no danger of getting it, I hope they don't get the virus,

or give it to others, especially ones they love.

Whether going back to work or "opening up" a state, the virus is still here and everyone still needs to keep all the precautions in place.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm sick of cooking and cleaning and looking at 4 walls and the same one person week after week.

You see a neighbor outside and you have to stand so far apart that you're yelling at them.  They don't hear that well to begin with...

Esteemed Contributor

And that is why people are congregating and not social distancing like they once were.

They are fed up with being cooped up inside with nothing to do.

Human beings are social creatures, and we thrive as a species when we interact with each other face to face.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@lovedrafthorses wrote:

I know this is a different life routine than we are accustomed to, but we have been isolating our animals for a lot of years. We lock them up in cages for days, weeks, even years, and the only time they get out is when we let them out; and we get upset when they act out! Someone goes to the pound to look at some dogs and ask "why is that dog barking, or why is that dog behaving like he is crazy"! We cannot even be isolated to our own house with the ability to go outside without going crazy, but we expect all the animals we have locked up in cages for months on end to behave normal. Humans take wild animals out of their natural habitat and lock them up in little cages so people can pay to look at them, and no one seems to think this should alter the animals behavior! People take horses and lock them up in small box stalls with no pasture to run for years and get mad when they act out! I just pray that during these difficult times people open their eyes to hopefully improving our world, and making it a kinder place for all of God's creatures (2 legged and 4 legged)!!

This is not directed towards anyone just wanted to put this out there for people to think about.

@lovedrafthorses   As much as I love dogs and really all animals, humans are wired differently. We're not meant to be crated or caged or isolated alone. I do understand the OP's frustration and the fact that there is no safe date and someone to say, "Yes, today it is OK to go back to your life" is more than frustrating.