Respected Contributor

Re: How Was Your Summer?

[ Edited ]

We had to watch our cat go into a gradual decline, stop eating altogether, and finally lose her desire to live. About a month ago we had to do what we had been dreading, and euthanized her. Even the vet cried.

Honored Contributor

Summer was busy, but productive.  

In good shape going into Fall .... which is starting out quite busy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Was Your Summer?

[ Edited ]

No complaints  even though Very hot summer SW suburban Chicago     but still not looking forward to our snowy, icy,  freezing cold winters.  

how many days until spring??

Respected Contributor

It's still summer until the middle of next week!

It's been unusually hot and humid in SW Michigan, but on the whole summer is, and has been fantastic. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, but I'm in no hurry to bring it on. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten , I'm so very sorry!

Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

I live in southeast Florida and have summer all year long and love it. I was born in Chicago and lived there and the surrounding suburbs for 65 years. I left in December 2018 and will never miss near life ending experiences in blizzard and ice storms. I must say that as I got closer to leaving Illinois, I was very depressed because it was frequently cloudy, winter or summer, and bright sunny days were far and few in between. I suppose I will take a beating for my feelings but I do respect the choices of others.

I agree 100% with you @Xivambala .  We spend our summers up north and it has been beautiful this year.....and still is in the 80's and sunny almost every day.  To say that one is tired of sunny days is well, almost blaspheme LOL, at least to me.  We spend 8 months in the tropical south and love it!  We planned our senior years this way - escape from the cold dreary winter days.  I got tired of running to the car and driving with hunched up shoulders trying to get warm.  Oh, and it seems like no one is smiling after trudging through dirty slushy snow.  No thanks.  I'll take a warm, humid, sunny day anytime.

Yes, I do respect the choices of others.  We don't all like the same things, thank goodness!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

too hot and dry here in WA state---highy unusal for us---we had the 108* weekend in June that nearly did me in----this weekend is cool and finally up to 3 " of rain is falling------everyone here is loving it-----last good rain was June 13th.

Honored Contributor

Way too short, as it always is. Was hot in June, rained almost every day in July, August was hot and somewhat rainy. September has been very nice and I am enjoying it. Hate and dread Winter.

Personally it's been a difficult Summer for me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor
Way too hot & dry here in Colorado. I'm so ready for it to cool off.
Valued Contributor

I had a subdued summer here in Chicagoland, despite personal challenges.  I don't mind it being hot for a few months out of the year but it was dry. Not enough thunderstorms that I find so peaceful or rainbows to be seen. I was able to enjoy the local farmsteads bountiful blessings and it's not over. We're all ready for the Fall Harvest to begin!