Honored Contributor

We've had a hot, humid summer (and beginning of fall) in NC. When it was brutally hot, it was raining...

I changed my schedule accordingly and walked Molly at 6--6:30. That' an early start to a day. 

I much prefer the cooler weather and it seems seasons are changing drastically and our once snowy Decembers, Jan. and Feb. are getting more mild. 

Honored Contributor

In the NC mountains, we've had the usual heat, beautiful trees, and rain from the passing systems.

Now the forecast is from the mid 80's to the mid 70's.  Fall is coming and the leaves on the dogwood trees are changing to red.

Esteemed Contributor

Better than last.....only seeing family outside, no hugging was sad very sad.  Yay for vaccinations!!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

bless your heart for saying so. I still feel bad, from time to time, when I see a little grey blanket and, just for a second, I think it's her. But we're getting over it and I think that, instead of giving Christmas presents, I'm going to make donations to rescue shelters in memory of loved ones we lost this year.

Trusted Contributor

Here in DFW we had a cooler/wetter than normal summer. No complaints from me on that -- we didn't have endless days of 100+ degrees or cracking ground. Sure, we had heat and humidity (when I first moved to DFW it was dry, not humid like now due to all the people/cars/concrete, etc.) but it was a roller coaster of intensity at times.

I'm glad it's over and we're approaching fall. That means there will be days when I can open the windows to get some fresh air! After ragweed season, that is...

Honored Contributor

Re: How Was Your Summer?

[ Edited ]

It all felt unbalanced to me yet. Nothing to do with the weather.  It went fast.

Today, I'm wearing a sweater, in the house.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

We had a hot summer with more 90 plus days than ever before.  We didn't get much rain until the second half of August.  I'm not complaining.   Were having a normal September with Temps in the mid to high 70s but Today is 60ish.  They are predicting 80s next week which will be nice.  I'll take all the warm weather I can get for as long as se get it.   I'm not s fan of winter anymore.  

Where was this?  

Here in SW MI, it's rainy and 46 out.  It's only 70 in the house and it's been 74 in here this week, so we're off and running.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

The NC mountains were wonderful!  

Warm sun, birds flying, and wild flowers.  Sourwood honey on hot buttered toast and a cup of hot tea looking at the mountains with the clouds rising.

Grilling out and enjoying the trees and surrounding mountains!

Top 18 Scenic Drives near Asheville | Blue Ridge Mountains

How lovely for you!!

Honored Contributor

I love Summer and all of the warm sunny days! We had a great summer in S.E. Wisconsin this year, very very warm and sunny....I do not like high humidity though. My favorite season is Fall, with Summer in a close 2nd!

Yes, it was very warm and we had to water flowers and grass a lot, but I am not complaining because I know before you can blink- Winter will  be here, I don't mind the cold, but hate driving in the snow!!!

I enjoy all of the fun summer things that I can do with my grandkids in the summer as well.....I know I will miss these warm sunny days when they are gone!

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

bless your heart for saying so. I still feel bad, from time to time, when I see a little grey blanket and, just for a second, I think it's her. But we're getting over it and I think that, instead of giving Christmas presents, I'm going to make donations to rescue shelters in memory of loved ones we lost this year.

What a fabulous idea!!!!