Trusted Contributor

Yes.  It's a total waste of energy. 

I forgive people.  It's the healthier way to do things.

Honored Contributor

Because I take friendship seriously, I have few close friends. I will be there for them, on their side no matter what, even if they are wrong and I expect the same from them. I don't hold grudges nor do I give second chances. I don't care to hear about excuses or apologies. I just write them off and forget about them.

Trusted Contributor

I'm ashamed to admit that I sometimes do hold grudges. If someone has deeply wronged me or hurt me, I'll can't forget. I TRY not to hold a grudges--which to me means, to retaliate or get revenge against the person, either verbally (that's my usual way) or some other way.

It's REAL hard for me not to hold a grudge but I try to take other things into consideration: what the person said/did, why did s/he say or do it, etc.--I try to be understanding. But sometimes there's no excuse for whatthey did and so sometimes I do bear a grudge.

Not my most admirable quality, I admit.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Because I take friendship seriously, I have few close friends. I will be there for them, on their side no matter what, even if they are wrong and I expect the same from them. I don't hold grudges nor do I give second chances. I don't care to hear about excuses or apologies. I just write them off and forget about them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with what most of what you said but not the part about not giving 2nd chances (depending on the circumstances, of course). There's a few friends I wrote off way too soon and now I wish I had given them a 2nd chance.