Honored Contributor

Re: Has Your Sunday Paper Gone Up In Price?

I was paying monthly $10.00 a month to $13.00 a month on Oct 1st it spiked to $20.00 a month. We are at that $5.00 a month, we don’t get weekly papers just Sunday papers for the Sunday funnies. Dh enjoys the funnies.

Esteemed Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

My paper has gone up in price from $2.00 to $5.00 within 2 weeks. I loved getting the coupons but won't pay $5.00 for a paper.Anyone know of an online site that has the Sunday coupons? Thanks

@cuddlesmama, I know someone who recently called the newspaper she subscribes to, and asked if they have a senior discount rate.  And there is.  She hadn't really expected that, so she was very surprised.  You might want to give that a try. 

(My friend also called her gas company and everyone else she could think of, and got some senior discount rates that way too.  None of them were huge amounts of savings, but it's nice to save whatever we can, and it does add up!)

Esteemed Contributor

I no longer get my newspaper. Prices went up and I can get my news online and I can also get my coupons that way too.  

Esteemed Contributor

I cancelled my daily paper a couple of years ago. The price kept going up and the political bent aggravated me to no end. Delivery of my newpaper was hit or miss, so I finally decided to end my 30-year subscription. I've never regretted doing that! I get weekly grocery ads online and in ads through the mail every Tuesday.

Trusted Contributor

I guess I'm old school but I really enjoy getting and reading the paper everyday! I'll support our local paper as long as they are in business as I still think it's important to have a daily paper available to those who want one. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

our local Sunday paper is $2.00...we started the digital edition..all 7 days..last year & just negotiated new price of $29. for a full year..can’t beat that rate..easy to read on iPads! Don’t miss the ads/coupons.

Trusted Contributor

check with your local library.  they most likely get the sunday paper .  at the library here, they just toss the coupons and the adds.  so when i work on sundays, i get 2 extra sets of coupons.  really helps on items that i use

Respected Contributor

There is no home delivery period where I live.  If we don't go digital, we can't get a daily paper. The print edition of the Sunday papers used to be available at many of our local gas stations and grocery stores.  No more.  They are no longer in their delivery zone.  If I want a Sunday paper I have to drive about 15 miles to a Sheetz.

Respected Contributor

Yup.  The price keeps increasing and the paper itself gets smaller and smaller. 

Honored Contributor

No, it's 2.50 and it wouldn't matter if it were 5.00, my husband would still buy it .