Honored Contributor

Re: Has Your Sunday Paper Gone Up In Price?

@ValuSkr  I also enjoy reading the Sunday for all the ads and coupons. There are a few sections of Sunday that I always read - life & arts, the home & garden section.

Honored Contributor

We get the Seattle Times 7 days a week delivered.   We pay about $150 every three months.... or $50 a month... Hubby and I enjoy reading the paper each day and it is a part of our  daily routine... and right up there with TV, internest etc.  So to us it is worth it. 

I am not sure what the braking point will be.  The price keeps going up up up.... 

Valued Contributor

Our newspaper is 300 dollars plus a year, not worth this ridiculous price. Have to negotiate every 6 months or would be paying more. Even have to pay a fee for delivery, and they ask for a tip every pay period. I do tip as a Christmas thank you. The paper is so thin and mostly sports, which I don’t read.

Honored Contributor

i pay $4.50 a week for 7 day delivery and unlimited digital access for the baltimore sun.

i pay about $39 a month for 7 day delivery of the wall street journal along with unlimited digital access.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

you can join MY POINTS and print out lots of coupons to use. you will also get points for using the coupons and then score some free gift cards with your points.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thank you every!I had cancelled the paper earlier this year as the price kept increasing so I was  just buying the Sunday paper but when it went up that much money within weeks I stopped buying that also. I will check out P@G sites and see if they have coupons and other sites that were mentioned.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  I was only getting a Sunday paper and I quit it a few months ago because of the huge increase.  I hardly read any of it because it no longer has much local news as it once did.    They called me a couple of times to subscribe again and I declined.  A few days ago they called again and offered a very low rate from now until the end of Feb. so I did subscribe again.  I'm sure when that offer is completed, it will go way up again.

Trusted Contributor

After repeated price increases, I finally cancelled our Sunday paper. I found I could access all the Sunday sale ads through the Flipp app and pretty much all the coupons could be printed out on coupons.com. However, both the grocery stores that I shop at links available coupons to my loyalty card, so that’s how I usually do it. 

The only time time I miss the Sunday paper is from Thanksgiving Day until Christmas, but I like keeping that money in my pocket. 

Super Contributor

It looks like the newspaper is going the way of land lines, malls, etc.  I understand the price must go up if they are to continue printing the news.  

I cancelled my subscription because I didn't always read it.  

I discovered that not all news stands have updated to the current price so that is where I pick up my paper on Sunday and Wednesday when the ads come out.  However, that adds up to approximately what the subscription rate is.  Even so, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not wasting paper.

As others have noted, Dollar Tree has a limited supply of the Sunday paper on Monday for $1.

Esteemed Contributor

I also do digital coupons for my local stores. You can get free items and save a 

whole lot of money if the offers apply to your needs.

My mother's neighbor gets the Sunday paper, then passes it on to her that day.

I usually read it too when I am visiting her. 

I will always enjoy reading the Sunday and weekday paper.