Honored Contributor

Re: HOUSE BROKEN INTO LAST NIGHT

Please no more posts/replies in an effort for me to move on and feel safe and secure again in my home. I will no longer be checking back to this thread. I do appreciate all your comments and support. 💕

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus,  I acknowledge that you said you would not be checking back but I hope you will make an exception for this.

I had a false bottom constructed for my safe.  There is plenty of room to hide a lot of valuables.  The "lid" to the false bottom is undetectable.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus So sorry my friend!  Years ago someone tried to chisel our our basement door lock.  The police came and walked me in.  The feeling was so strange and unnerving.

I'm sorry this happened.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  You have me locking the interior door (again)! I thought of your horrible experience last night when I left for an evening with friends and again when leaving for Church this morning.

Keeping you in my heart always. We've gone through caring for our aging mother's, their lengthy illnesses and death. Now you have taught us about crime. Hopefully, I am able to avoid sharing that experience. Warm hugs.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

If you want to know what's going on watch that Kevin Costner movie

called 'Mr. Brooks' a lesson on home security.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE . I just saw that movie for the 1st time last week, Wow!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  That was so good I bought the DVd, but, not for the feint of heart. Can you imagine waking up in middle of night and seeing someone at foot of bed. Ye gads!  Wasn't good movie for security business that man could get in any where.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  That was so good I bought the DVd, but, not for the feint of heart. Can you imagine waking up in middle of night and seeing someone at foot of bed. Ye gads!  Wasn't good movie for security business that man could get in any where.

@SharkE . And how about the ending? This movie was very scary, and Kevin Costner played the role to perfection! You are right, not for the faint of heart!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Do you have cameras yet?

Esteemed Contributor

Okay...I haven't read the whole thread.  And the OP won't be back.  So if someone can explain what I don't undertand (if it's already been mentioned somewhere in the thread), I'd appreciate it.

I picture the OP and her husband going through the door in the kitchen into the garage, getting into their car, opening the garage door, backing out, and then closing the garage door.  Isn't that how most people with that set up (door from the house into the garage) do it?

So how did kids sneak into the garage while the door was up?  Weren't the car occupants (or one of them) looking forward?  Wouldn't they see someone go past the car door window?

I don't get it.

As for not locking the door from the house to the garage...if it's a door with a lock...I'm locking it when I'm inside.  Or leaving the property.

Keepin' it real.