Respected Contributor

Gratitude is everything, every day, it is "being' and thankful not for what you want but for what you have.

Honored Contributor

I'm grateful for many the position I am in at this stage of my life, my family is alive and well and I have a great husband. I must say, he has been my greatest blessing.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you about the retirement .. as I watch my adult children

try to juggle jobs .. both working .. getting the kids to practices .. who

is going to the grocery store ... and all the necessities of life .. Yes

I know I did it too ....but some times its hard watching ... and frankly

give me a headache !!!!

Respected Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Gratitude is everything, every day, it is "being' and thankful not for what you want but for what you have.

Oh how true and I totally agree .....

Respected Contributor

Words to live by ...

Respected Contributor

I’m grateful for my life as it is.  Yes, have a few more years to work, but have been blessed with a good job, salary, benefits.  I am most grateful for my SO,  he is my best friend.  My family is relatively in good health.  When I get stressed or overwhelmed, I try to remember just HOW blessed I am every single day.  That is powerful and keeps me upbeat.  

Honored Contributor

I'm grateful that I'm still doing what I love, even in my second career!!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Grateful that I have God in my life and that he has blessed me so that my cup runneth over.  I was just thinking awhile ago even before I saw this thread how good the Lord has been to me and evertyhing I have is ONLY by his grace. 

O Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving kindness
endure forever.

Esteemed Contributor

Today is my beautiful daughter's birthday...I'm truly truly blessed with her for my daughter.  Grateful for a loving wonderful family.

Thanks for this thread,OP.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

In what I'm looking at on t.v., I see the section on "Gratitude".  I need to think harder on that.  I mean daily.  Not take for granted all that we have and experience.

So for today, I am grateful for retirement.  I love to plan my own day.   I love to choose what I want to do today. I love that I'm not watching the clock to get to so many things in a day.  It's allowed for a slower pace for me/us, less stress, and just a time to enjoy life.

We can go outside and enjoy the weather without being stuck behind a desk, or attached to phone calls, or personal visits.  My hours are mine.

What are you grateful for today?

I also love retirement and each day is a blessing!