Respected Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

None of the ingredients in my recipe were forbidden on the plan I used in 1986. Carrots have never been off limits as long as I was a member of WW.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Last visit with my doctor was in January and he said that WW was the best but probably the older plans but some people had success with Keto. He said that I just needed to do something but after the vertigo and balance issues improve.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties : But ya posted it and we can read it. 😁😁😁❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

The WW Exchange program did change during the 80's. I was a member from 1986 to about 1991.  I am a lifetime member.  I know additional foods were added to the exchange lists from year to year.  

I quit going to meetings when they changed to points because that program did not work for me and I decided to continue to follow the exchange program on my own.

I wish the best for each of you and hope you reach your weight goals!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee @4kitties @PA Mom-mom @FiddleDeeDee @Vivian 

This pic from Swanson NOT WW.  Red peppers, yellow squash, cauliflower, green beans, and I would add onion and garlic.  Parsley never hurts.  Chicken broth or chicken stock if you can find it. 

All of the vegies are ok for the lower weeks of WW Quick Start.

The cauliflower might have been roasted, but that takes fat, and I won't.

For WW, our broth should be at least half to 2/3 the bowl when served 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : Last visit with my doctor was in January and he said that WW was the best but probably the older plans but some people had success with Keto. He said that I just needed to do something but after the vertigo and balance issues improve.

@SouthernBee I can do Keto, but decided against it.  I really am not comfortable with urine samples showing up like I'm diabetic.  I also don't want to be that far off of eating normally.

My background is half nutrition.  I was the most trim in my dept and the other teachers were three times my size.  It went over like a lead balloon, as you can imagine.Smiley Happy

They're all at home enjoying carbs.  I don't and enjoy moving and working.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SouthernBee You know, if you're still having vertigo issues, you can get Leslie's "Older Adults" videos at amazon, and just sit and do arm movements.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Thanks. Tomorrow was going to look over my other dvds of chair exercise for seniors. At night, I have been trying to do things like stretching my legs  and arm movements in the recliner .

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : I'm waiting for my serving.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Tried it. One of DH doctors strongly pushed it. We quickly dropped 25 pounds and then had to deal with other issues and then had gained 25 plus pounds. DH very picky eater and I am an emotional eater.