Honored Contributor

Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

I copied my booklets SO many times for a lady of meager income whom worked as an aide at our school.  Seems finally, I gave her the booklets and told her to copy them and return to me.  Although, I asked and asked later, she said she didn't have them.   

You can imagine where I am on that now.  You can't even find the set on ebay!

(But I DID have have my way closed up over the winter!!!)

On line, ladies are saying the exchange program was the best of all.

Respected Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

The only Weight Watcher program that ever worked for me.  I still have all my materials and cookbooks for this program and I still try to eat this way to maintain my weight.  

It is very similar to Richard Simmons Deal a Meal program and I think that is still available.

I am going to have to start being more vigilant as I have recently gained a few pounds...........😩

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor

I remember that program. I lost weight and began working for Weight Watchers under that program. I was a college student at the time. My dues were $4.00. Hard to believe it was ever that cheap. The basic exchange was 3 fruits, 2 to 3 starches, 3 fats, 2 milk products, and I can't remember the protein exchange. I think it was 6. One ounce was 1 exchange. The program was basically 1200-1300 calories a day. You were allowed extra exchanges weekly but I don't remember how many. I don't have those books but I have the points plus books from the 1990's. I think Weight Watchers allows too much free foods now and people have trouble losing weight. Fruits and lean meat still have calories.

Respected Contributor

Milk.  2

Fat.    3

Fruit.   2

Vegetables.  3 or more

Protein.  4

Bread.   5

A weekly bonus of up to 14 personal selections may be made from any of the milk, fruit, protein or bread lists.

Up to 700 Optional Calories May be added each week

This is from 1994.  I remember having only 500 optional calories in the 80's.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@texassunflower From what I did, salad items were free (not cheese), those grown in a garden.  

I WISH I could see them, although, being SO visual, I can picture the first page of many.

I was always trying to take care of people, that's how I lost my books, also what lead me to be a master teacher.

Super Contributor

@ECBG  I am a retired teacher also. I understand how you lost your books. I was always sharing my teaching supplies with others. Then when I needed that particular item, I was forever having to remember who borrowed it and go track it down.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@texassunflower Yours is closest to what I remember.

I very much appreciate you helping me.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties Thank you for your help.  The plan you posted was much more than I had in a day.  We went 2 weeks before we had optional calories. 

It's SO far back, I can't remember what I ate for breakfast!

I am totally dependent on Instant Breakfast now.

I'll tell ya, though, the ice cream, some times it was homemade deep dish blueberry pie, was absolutely delicious!  I have never, in my entire life, allowed myself what I wanted!

Honored Contributor

It seems in the last few years or more that WW is cutting down on sugar thus you can eat other food items with 0 points.  I have not tried this latest version but I did the one before it.

@ECBG   That is really a shame that the woman would say she does not have the booklets.  You should have asked for the copies!  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It seems in the last few years or more that WW is cutting down on sugar thus you can eat other food items with 0 points.  I have not tried this latest version but I did the one before it.

@ECBG   That is really a shame that the woman would say she does not have the booklets.  You should have asked for the copies!  LOL

@Katcat1 I remember being aggravated with her because I had done all the work of photocopying the fronts and backs of all of the booklets SIX times and given them to her.  Can you believe that?  

It seems like I asked and asked, then we got out for summer break.

In my researching on line, my time is called the "most efficient weight loss program".