Honored Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

@4kitties wrote:

The WW Exchange program did change during the 80's. I was a member from 1986 to about 1991.  I am a lifetime member.  I know additional foods were added to the exchange lists from year to year.  

I quit going to meetings when they changed to points because that program did not work for me and I decided to continue to follow the exchange program on my own.

I wish the best for each of you and hope you reach your weight goals!

@4kitties Thank you.  I returned after I delivered our second son, 1985.  I would appreciate it if you could find your weight charts.  I put all I could find up.  I know that at 5' 6" I can't go lower than 135 to 140 max.  Lower. I get headaches and feel faint.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

I am sorry to say that I do not have any height/weight charts from WW.  I do not remember ever having one.  They gave me a weight range of 118-139 for my height of 5' 5".   My goal was 138 at that time.  

I had been at about 143 for several years, until recently gaining 5 lbs.  

I would love to get back down to the 130's, but I am not so sure about maintaining my weight in that range.  

My doctor prefers to use the BMI weight chart.  I will look for one and post it here.  It may be of help to some.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

BD9BE40F-1FAC-4701-926F-5ABB68A79A0A.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties Thsnk you.  I'm 5' 6" and always did best at 135 with 140 being a tad heavy and not feeling as well.

Below 135 I don't look healthy and feel like my sugar is off, though I'm not diabetic. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee @PA Mom-mom @FiddleDeeDee @Vivian 

and Ladies, I went to the grocery store today, I got the Dukes lower fat mayo with the blue lid, skim milk, (to make yummy diet ranch), frozen French green beans, frozen Brussels sprouts to roast, as well as the green peppers, sweet onion, and mushrooms I love to pan grill with just a little olive oil spray.  Great on everything from baked chicken, to fish, and salmon patties.

I also found the "diet bread".

40 Calories Wheat — Nature's Own

Honored Contributor

@4kitties @SouthernBee @PA Mom-mom @FiddleDeeDee @Vivian 

Ladies, just HAD to share this!!!Smiley Happy

Image may contain: text that says 'Just once Idlike like to read a medication label that says: Warning! may cause permanent weight loss, increased energy and wrinkle removal. The Journey HompK~I'

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It seems in the last few years or more that WW is cutting down on sugar thus you can eat other food items with 0 points.  I have not tried this latest version but I did the one before it.

@ECBG   That is really a shame that the woman would say she does not have the booklets.  You should have asked for the copies!  LOL

@Katcat1 Honey, she said she couldn't find a thing!!!!

Honored Contributor

@4kitties @SouthernBee @PA Mom-mom @FiddleDeeDee @Vivian. I had my diet bread today, and Dukes Low Fat mayo.  I made a tomato sandwich.   It lost 100% of the joy of summer.

I think I will use regular mayo for summer tomatoes. 

In the fall/winter I love the WW soup, or I can take a small salad.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG I'm in the PNW so no Duke's mayonnaise - what does Duke's have that I'm looking for out west?  

My recent labwork shows my glucose is close to diabetes #'s so I need to make some good changes to correct this.  

I love fresh vegies but too many bad for me foods so trying to figure out some ideas.

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@ECBG I'm in the PNW so no Duke's mayonnaise - what does Duke's have that I'm looking for out west?  

My recent labwork shows my glucose is close to diabetes #'s so I need to make some good changes to correct this.  

I love fresh vegies but too many bad for me foods so trying to figure out some ideas.

@colleena Please tell me your doctor discussed nutrition with you when he diagnosed you.  You desperately need a professional dietitian. 

I know WW and have many recipes, but many things have been found out since I retired in 2010.

Call your doctor and tell them you need an eating plan based on height, body type, and age.  I believe any of the nurses here will tell you the same.

I do know if you follow a food plan, you may be able to keep from using insuline.

@colleena